The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

More fun with Al

Aluminum, that is. Can't have my rear brake cable just flappin' around in the wind, so...

Attachments

• P1020293.jpg
    P1020293.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,181
Re: More fun with Al

ChuckO":3eby2vht said:
Aluminum, that is. Can't have my rear brake cable just flappin' around in the wind, so...

Perhaps mill down the head of the screw to make it more flush? You really only need maybe 2 mm of depth since you dont need to tourque that screw hard, and can also use some light loctite soit wont rattle loose.

grimm":3kh8b8fq said:
Perhaps mill down the head of the screw to make it more flush? You really only need maybe 2 mm of depth since you dont need to tourque that screw hard, and can also use some light loctite soit wont rattle loose.

OK, how's this?

My next pic will be of my trunion mount for a Fox Float, which I've yet to receive from my friend...

Attachments

• IMG_9950.JPG
    IMG_9950.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 3,149

ChuckO":2wtmy05r said:
grimm":2wtmy05r said:

OK, how's this?

My next pic will be of my trunion mount for a Fox Float, which I've yet to receive from my friend...

Now get it anodized! :D

ChuckO":3q9btp63 said:
grimm":3q9btp63 said:

OK, how's this?

That looks much better yes, and i dig the torcx!

grimm":cf498wp0 said:

That's a standard hex screw, repurposed from the v-brake mount. The dished surface makes it look like a torx.

ChuckO":20um26p2 said:
grimm":20um26p2 said:

That's a standard hex screw, repurposed from the v-brake mount. The dished surface makes it look like a torx.

It sure fooled me!

Next up: Decals!

I've ordered the NOS decals from ebay. The thermoplastic surface seems fairly slick, and I'd like to avoid having the decals flake off after only a short time. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get the maximum life out of these decals?

Thanks...

Latest posts

Back