cotic soul 75.5mm

rite, monday morning postman brought stickers. bit disappointed the 853 sticker wasnt included, mite give them an ear bending about that....
got them fitted, looking good:-

rad008.jpg

oh yeah. pink. you like?

and got the forks serviced, and the travel changed:-

rad007.jpg

rad010.jpg

and got this far this evening. should finish up tomorrow evening, i want a couple of commutes on it before i ride it proper on thursday....

Are those RS Rebas there?

If they are I didn't know you could extend the travel on those.

Nice colour BTW :D

Neil G":2qhfybln said:
Are those RS Rebas there?

If they are I didn't know you could extend the travel on those.

Nice colour BTW :D

aha! they are the 80-100-120mm models. and i had them set at 110mm with a custom spacer. just putting them back to 120mm. tbf, if you have access to a lathe you can set them to any where between 80mm and 120mm. i settled on 110mm as a happy medium on the charge, but i suspect they will benefit from being 120mm on the cotic.

rite then, shes a runner!

the bikes up together, need to get a new chainstay sock, the ones i have are a touch slack...

pinkl001.jpg

looking good. i have stayed 8 speed, but have gone with a sram cassette for a change, i like the red carrier :oops:

pinkl002.jpg

and the chain suck plate thing is installed.

pinkl003.jpg

i will get some arty fotos on the trading estate tomorrow, hopefully the weather stays kind.

oh rite. so it takes me a while to realise that the 1998on has been moved, relegated to below osbmx....
the bike is very stable, more sure footed than the charge. and it must have shorter chainstays than the charge as it wants to wheelie everywhere.:D

pics as promised. found a couple of new colours on the estate, the blue works well:-

pinkbike007.jpg

but i like the orange best...

pinkbike006.jpg

off for its first angry ride in a mo, lights an all.
:D

I love this build, looks really nice. Personally the brown seat isnt working for me but each to their own.

Lovely work :cool:

hmm, brown bits are from the charge, and im thinking of going away from them too. mite go back to a black flite and get some new grips.....

maybe white for the saddle and grips? that would set everything off lovely i reckon.

great looking machine, the geometry especially, but not sure about the pink, horses for courses thou, innit ;)

Back