Velodrome virgin

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hopefully on wednesday I shall be breakiing my velodrome virginity at Maindys outdoor track...anything I should know...correct etiquette etc
I'll be riding my Ibis Spanky SS
Should be a gas.
Cheers
Carl
PS I know you are going to thrash me Jav :LOL:

They will tell you to ride anti-clockwise around the track, this actually a trick to catch out newbies.

Usually they do not like QRs on wheels, but removable ones like pitlocks are generally OK, or better still the Allen Key ones.

Personally I was worried beforehand about riding the banking high up, but when I got onto the track it was ground rush at the bottom of the banking that was most unnerving.

hamster":15dvt4rj said:
Usually they do not like QRs on wheels, but removable ones like pitlocks are generally OK, or better still the Allen Key ones.

Personally I was worried beforehand about riding the banking high up, but when I got onto the track it was ground rush at the bottom of the banking that was most unnerving.

Well...it's more a track :oops: I'm just worried how long I can keep spinning :LOL: 3 laps? :D :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maind ... _Track.jpg

Newport's a lot nearer to you and not quite so steep :) I doubt your Spanky would fit the regs for an indoor track, though.

More Calshot:

Back