Colnago Art Deco RaboBank Competition ( c-95 ?)

b12b12

Retro Newbie
Hi all ; I wonder if I can get some help
I have just bought this frame . It has 130mm rear drop outs ,,
Although I can fit a wheel with a 10 speed cassette in the drop outs I don't think there is enough room for the chain on the lowest gear.
Please can someone tell me what gears I should be running on this frame ...
Much Much thanks ...
1st post please be easy on me :)
S

Hi, welcome

Congrats with your purchase

I would try it. Maybe you're lucky?

I would think that if your cassette is too close to the frame, the body is not for the cassette width you using. Normally a 130mm spacing frame should be able to take a 10s cassette.

A pictures worth a thousand words .....
Does this look reasonable ?
I don't have a 10 speed chain to hand but a 1/8 chain touches the seat stays :(

Attachments

• DSCN1177.JPG
    DSCN1177.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,064
  • DSCN1176.JPG
    DSCN1176.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,061
slacken off the bolt at the rear of the dropout that centres the wheel. This will allow the axle to move backward giving a little more clearance. 130mm dropout width should allow a 10 speed cassette to work. My colnago dream is 130mm and running 10 speed cassettes without a problem.

zybernut

b12b12":1zp0ezop said:
t a 1/8 chain touches the seat stays :(

A 1/8" is at least a millimeter wider than a 10-speed chain. I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T touch the seatstays.

Get back to us when you've tried the right chain.

Thanks all ...
I am waiting for delivery of some parts and then I shall know ....
This is a test wheel with a Ultegra cassette on a bontrager wheel
I will update when the chain / new wheels and groupset etc arrives in the post ...

zybernut - yes I see what you mean ... I shall try that ;
How do you know how far back the wheel can go ?
Thank you
S

The size of the smallest sprocket is important too - some frames don't like 11-tooth sprockets. Remove the drop-out adjusters if you need it to go back further.

dbmtb":13w3z0k7 said:
b12b12":13w3z0k7 said:
t a 1/8 chain touches the seat stays :(

A 1/8" is at least a millimeter wider than a 10-speed chain. I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T touch the seatstays.

Get back to us when you've tried the right chain.

b12b12 has acknowledged other replies, but this is perhaps the best one so far. If you do not use an appropriate chain, you are almost guaranteed to have it touch the frame.

Back