Rock Lobster

peteteamtig

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all , just changed a few things on the ol' Lobster .

Gone to Pace RC36 Proclass 2's which have lifted the front end up a little so it doesn't tuck in on fast corners .

And changed the Avid BB7's to Hope C2's which aren't that much better but do offer less fiddling in the muddy conditions when the pads wear !

Sorry Sinnerman for the wait but I have been really busy !

Final spec is

Frame
2000 Paul Sadoff Rock Lobster Tig Team custom with Breeze drop outs
Forks
Pace RC36 Proclass2 100mm travel
Group
XTR 950 f/r mechs/shifters/cassette
Cranks/BB
RaceFace Next LP Carbon 2001 / Taperlock BB
Pedals
Ritchey Logic
Brakes
Hope C2 with Pro levers with brake therapy torsion bar
wheels
X517 red with Hope XC hubs in red
Post/stem
Ringle Zooka/Moby Deuce
Bars
X-Lite XC riser
Saddle
Flite Ti
Clamp
Salsa Liplock

I may be interested in swapping it for a 29er if anyone has owt decent ?

Pete .

Attachments

• ABCD0001 (2).JPG
    ABCD0001 (2).JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 1,728
  • ABCD0003 (3).JPG
    ABCD0003 (3).JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 1,725
  • ABCD0004 (3)a.jpg
    ABCD0004 (3)a.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,720
  • ABCD0017.JPG
    ABCD0017.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,715
Co-ordinated

I have always been praised on my colour co-ordination ;) the Magura gear I wear goes well with it as does some of my Alpinestars gear .

Size

It's 19"c/c 20"c/t . But it feels quite short too and very whippy with loads of spring in the frame .

I suppose thats what you pay for with high quality steel frames . :cool:

I love it. You could also look at getting some Z2's on it to complete the red and yellow look. Up to you though as its not a criticism as I love it like it is. :D

Z2

It used to run Z2's when I bought it BITD it ran Superflys , when I rebuilt it I bought a set of nos Bams .

The axle to crown length is slightly different (Superflys being longer) but ofcourse they have no disc tab . Running the Bams lowered the front end way too much encouraging loads of "tuck in" on fast bends which was pretty nerve wracking !

In the end I discoverd the Bams had a soft spring in them which was useless as I'm a fatty :roll: . But by this time I'd already bought the RC36's .

But I have to say all the Zocchi forks I have owned have been brilliant , those Superflys where ten years old and still performed like new .

Attachments

• ABCD0015.JPG
    ABCD0015.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,360
Back