IOW aftermath thread! 31/10/10

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so today 3 brave warriors went to the Isle of Wight

that's 3, pitiful, shame on you if you didn't come out for a ride!! there were pitiful excuses from many corners, someone had recently had a baby, pitiful excuse, others were to hungover, better excuse but overall i was dissapointed that more didn't turn up.

but then having just me, makster and wu-tangled meant it was gonna be a good ride anyway! we left the ferry and headed up and over the freshwater golf course, gus didn't like the look of the chalky descent on his cross bike, yes, cross bike but i think he got down there alright, not that i can't talk though as i had already come off due to slippy chalk on the climb!!! :LOL:

the next climb is a long drag on a grassy climb, makster was flying!! i was struggling, he's done way more miles recently, gus was finding the going hard due to lack of grip but then 80psi in your cross tryes off road will do that!! :LOL: after a few more ups and downs we hit the crown pub in shorwell, we discussed retrobike, lynskey, orange, jamis, streetwars( those that know, know!), and the fact that Gus is "ethically switchable" :LOL:

then after an hour or so we decided it was time to get back on the bikes, up the painful road climb back to the trails when your legs have seized up after being sat down for a while!! i hate that first climb!!! :evil:

as with most of the ride makster was at the top first followed by gus, then some tubby git on a P7 :oops:

we carried on along the tennyson way, then turned off it so we could hit a nice little bit of singletrack i found a while ago, we did our best to avoid the 2 old biddies walking their dogs but makster is a biddy-worrier in his spare time so gave them a fright!! :LOL: but they were ok about it, saying we were brave to ride down there that quickly!! :D so biddies are cool! :cool:

after this we headed back towards the chalky climb, predictably makster was away like it was flat, i just "sat in" an span my way to the top, gus's hard man cross gears finally got the better of him though but not for long. we stopped, admired the view :cool:

then came the last downhill on the golf course, we got separated :roll: mainly coz makster was so fair ahead!!

we found him then headed for the ferry, where a certain person discovered that while changing his socks at the pub managed to leave his ferry ticket there! ;) :LOL:

we found a member of staff, he said have you said anything to the office staff, gus replied, "yes, oh sh!t i've left my ticket in the pub!" :LOL:

we cracked up!! :LOL:

they let him on anyway, they had to really there wasn't enough socks on the island to keep him happy!! :LOL:

it was a good day and the weather held for us aswel. :D :D

Great ride today with Jonny and Gus.
The Island never fails to supprise me with just how bloody knackering it is!!
The altitude plot from my GPS is hilarious/scary :shock:

Put the world to rights in the pub, got completely covered in mud and gave the Rock Lobster its retro-ride debut :D

Here's a couple of selected pics....

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Re: IOW aftermath thread!

jonnyboy666":1egqgpfn said:
streetwars( those that know, know!)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not that old 4 letter word again ;)

Looks like a great ride as you would expect, I wish I had more time atm moment to meet you but I did say to makster that a pre chrismas purbecks would be ace.......

How did the Rocklobser go Mark ?? looks perfect :cool:

Re: IOW aftermath thread!

Gravy Monster":127w0p8k said:
jonnyboy666":127w0p8k said:
streetwars( those that know, know!)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not that old 4 letter word again ;)

Looks like a great ride as you would expect, I wish I had more time atm moment to meet you but I did say to makster that a pre chrismas purbecks would be ace.......

How did the Rocklobser go Mark ?? looks perfect :cool:

It rides like a dream :cool: Its so good that I've sold my modern Rocky Mountain as I'd never use it!
Still a few bits to finish off, and the forks need a service, but I'm really pleased with it.
Will look at some dates for a Purbecks ride towards the end of November or start of December ;)

Back