130bcd Smallest Ring question

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys ,

I've been looking around and can't seem to find any chainrings smaller than a 39t for a 130bcd chainset..

Anyone know what's the smallest ring available for this bcd pattern.. is it 39.. ?

And if anyone has a link to anywhere selling smaller if available, I'd really appreciate it... :)

Thanks in advance. :) ;)

Edit ... Found a 38t.... is this the smallest.. ?

beshroomed":17940u23 said:
warhawk did do a 37t 130bcd
Are you sure it wasn't a 110mm bcd? The Warhawk website doesn't seem to list any 130mm bcd chainrings at all at the moment.

If you're sure it was 130mm, do you know how it was done? There isn't room to go smaller than 38t with standard chainring bolts, and the chain is already riding on the tips of the spider with a 38t ring on a 130mm bcd.

For example, Ritchey managed to get away with a 28t 94mm bcd ring (29t is normally the minimum), but it needed special undersized chainring bolts and spacers, and suffered from a lot of contact between the chain and the spider.

note the did part :)
the holes would have been going partly through some teeth, perhaps they are no longer made due to clearance or strength issues.

Thanks for that fellas, I did wonder due to the interference issues that a 38/39t would be the smallest.. :(

Many thanks again as always for your help and advice.. :)

Sithlord":2j9go5c1 said:
Thanks for that fellas, I did wonder due to the interference issues that a 38/39t would be the smallest.. :(

Many thanks again as always for your help and advice.. :)
I run a 38 stronglight on a DA7700 crankset and it runs sweet as anything, never have any problems with chain contact up or down or shifting from the big ring or vicey versa.

Back