Quickly chaps (please) - is this a good buy? Lovely De Rosa!

Psychle

Retro Guru
About to pull the trigger on this retro De Rosa, asking price is £450 which seems very good to me, what do the retro gurus think? Bargain, or just a reasonable deal? Cheers :)

BTW, this isn't a "a what's it worth thread", more a 'have I got a great deal' question ;)

R0010615 by markturner, on Flickr

1996 Nuevo Classico steel frame (Columbus SLX tubing)
Del Monte (Batik) team colours,
Chrome chain-stay (both sides)
Chrome head lugs
Engraved bottom bracket and fork crown
Campagnolo Chorus 9 speed ERGO 1996
Mavic Open-4-SUP machined rims
Vittoria Open Corsa CX cotton clincher tyres
Turbomatic 2 saddle
Time racing pedals (from a previous bike and very used)
Cinelli XA stem 11cm and ERGO bars 42cm

If everything is kosher with the deal,it's a no brainer,stunning bike really well set up,bargain price.

If everything is kosher with the deal,it's a no brainer,stunning bike really well set up,bargain price.

Buy it!!! Bloody good bike for £450............from yer description, only minus I can see is the pedals, which is the kind of thing ye'd change anyway.

Nothing wrong with those pedals. Am running some on my own De Rosa...

Looks like it's mid-late 90s Chorus 8 speed, which is a solid performer. Basically the same as the same era Record, just with non-concealed brake pivot bolts and 5 arm chainset spider.

Not sure when De Rosa started using diamond-profiled chainstays - but am pretty sure that the top frame in their range round the time of the groupset was the Giro D'Italia in Columbus EL Oversize. They retailed for about £1K for the frame and forks. SLX Casanovas went for about £700.

Agree with the consensus though that £450 is a bargain for a mid-high range De Rosa in this condition. Bike would have cost £2K with that kit on.... and it looks good as new.

Schweet, that's what I thought as well! It's now mine, going to pick it up on Thursday :)

Shall post a detailed set of pics once I have it in my possession :LOL:

Good show!!
icon_salut.gif

Latest posts

Back