stolen manitou hardtail

colinr

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Had my manitou hardtail stolen in essex,thought I would mention it on here just in case somone gets offered it. ,Sentimental reasons mainly ,I bought the frame new in93, the day/month /year of manufacture is stamped on underside of bottom bracket. the spec
15 inch polished frame,manitou answer decals ,1 1/4 dia comp headset
judy sl,
royce titanium bottom bracket
flite slr saddle
x lite riser bars
xtr m900 front and rear mech
modern xtr v brakes
8spd xt shifters
mavic hubs with lemon/yellow 517 rims
modern deore hollow tec cranks

Cant be many of these frames about, it cost a fortune back then,you never Know someone might see it, just left with my P7 now.

Sorry to hear about your Manitou,

I'm sure the guys on here will keep an eye open for it...good luck!

Rich

That sucks. Post a pic of it up here.

Made it sticky for you also.

Yes post a pic on here - Im sure it will turn up in some guise - maybe even on ebay. Its our duty to go round and arrange a viewing if you know what I mean.

Keep a look out guys...

The sad thing about it is that i have no photos of the old girl.She was getting abit harsh on by backside though .I was riding the P7 a lot more,bit more forgiving on the nether regions as I am not getting any youger.This does give me an excuse to get a ti frame ,which would see me out.

Manituo HT

Hi there, sorry to hear your Manitou has gone missing, i can send you a pic of mine if it helps, was yours the HT im thinking of sticking min on e-bay soon if you fancy another.

Chris

Yes it was the hardtail.I dont suppose they are worth anything now but when I bought the frame new at the end of93 it cost in excess of 1000£.I remember that the total orignal total build was just shy of 2500.The Judy sl were 600£ back then.You get a lot more for your money these days.

Latest posts

Back