1997 American Build GT Zaskar MTB Polished Frame Exc Cond.

N16DUN

Retro Newbie
* * * FOR SALE * * *
GT Zaskar Frame

16" American Build May 1997 Polished 6061 Aluminium Hard Tail Frame

In excellent condition having been in storage for the last 10 years!

A truly magnificent example of this now highly collectable frame adorned with burnt red GT stickers and a great polished finish. (comes complete with dropout)

There are minor marks on the frame where wheel skewers have been attached, bottom bracket etc installed but these are very small and will disappear once running gear is re-installed. There is a small amount of chain slap marks (not chain suck). There are no dents and the frame has just been checked professional and is true and faced off ready for rebuild. (no other components are included - just the frame and mech hanger)

I'm inviting offers for the frame so contact me via email and check out the pictures on ebay (item number: 320168141177) for more info.

Nick

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

9702_3.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks

The serial number says May '97 thank you for pointing that out.

I have tried to correct the ebay listing but it's not updating currently.

Thanks for uploading the picture - can you put the others in here to or tell me how I can do it? I'm not that well versed on using this forum for posting, I just enjoy looking at other peoples creations.

It's quite easy, click on the grey Img button once, paste in the url for the image then click on the Close Tags bit in blue. You can preview the post to make sure it's worked, cunningly by clicking the Preview button at the bottom.

If you want to find the url for the picture, hold the mouse over it and right click, then select properties. Highlight the bit where it says address, starting with the Http:// and copy it. That's the bit you paste between the Img tags.

Do I get a free frame?? ;) A couple more to get you going. Great looking frame by the way.

a000_3.JPG

98cf_3.JPG

nice clean frame, but whats really sad is that I thought the same as orange re the 6061 :oops:

It reminds me of a guy selling an "alloy GT frame". I asked if anything was stamped on the inside of the droput (I was on the lookout for a Zaskar) and he said yeah there's 1909 in there. Oh, I replied, nonchalantly... ;)

Thanks for the comments about the frame, it really does look the business with that high polish finish and every time I see I think why am I selling this? But needs must unfortunately.

I did notice that the 6061 sticker is at a strange angle, but I can assure you that this is how it came. I may have a spare set of the graphics for the frame in a cupboard somewhere but I don't think that would include the 6061.

The orginal XT groupset & Rockshox Judy SL (in yellow) plus black Kore seatpost, handlebars & stem are now on a GT STS1 that I bought shortly after this (hence the reason the frame is in such good condition). That STS is also sporting an awesome set of SPIN trispoke carbon wheels that set it off to a tee!

I appreciate the interest and I'll get some more photos of things on here soon.

PS Don't be afraid to contact me about buying the frame, I'm not going to give it away for silly money but I do want to sell it, so make me an offer!

JUST NOTICED THE EBAY PHONE HAS A TYPO - try this: 07801 443 223

A few more snaps for your viewing pleasure!

9c9c_3.JPG

9a67_3.JPG

94e5_3.JPG

PS Thanks for the hints on using the forum. I See your local, do you visit 'The Dog'?

Back