Coolwall Oct 2010 - Saracen

Coolwall Oct 2010 - Saracen

• Cool

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Going for them they had neat sloping writing, something which Specialized also uses to good effect, and a smugglers' Inn type name ["Meet me at the Saracen's Head at midnight and don't tell the Magistrate"].
My first girlfriend had a early nineteen-nineties Saracen which was a lovely bike, she never got much chance to ride it though because I was on it all the time! While a friend of ours had a much earlier blue one with thumbies and those squiggles/ squares/ triangle decals which are what I think Dr S means by Stock Aitken and Waterman decals.
They didn't get under my skin though, so in this case they fail my cool test. It's obvious they would though; I can't even remember what models they were...

some of the later stuff wasnt the nicest, especially if kept as standard...
but i got this as a frame only and i love my mid '00s tufftrax :)
bikes09-10016.jpg

saracen

i vote cool - solely because i have been trying for last few years to get my mate to sell me his mint Kili from mid 90s which is totally stock and mint - he must have done 100 miles on it tops. Can't vote uncool whilst desiring that bike.

JohnH":350fi18p said:
Yeah, Saracens are cool... :cool:

3625156515_23797dfb48_z.jpg

That's amazing, yet another variant from the same year, not the model, but the frame differences. Saracen must have been the most mix and match of all the ATB companies, it is almost like British Leyland with their special editions/parts bin raids.

Saracen Tufftrax Elite

SaracenPortside.jpg

But somewhere along the way mine lost it's suspension fork, front wheel and bars, picking up a no name wheel and rather naff Muddy Fox fork. Some of the components you have on your '93 Sahara, I had on my long gone '92 Traverse Elite.

silverclaws":6x7bq03w said:
That's amazing, yet another variant from the same year, not the model, but the frame differences. Saracen must have been the most mix and match of all the ATB companies, it is almost like British Leyland with their special editions/parts bin raids.
'British Leyland' -- I like that! :)

On the day that this was bought, the salesman gave me the option of the bright red frame, or the "limited edition" dark metallic grey. I've never regretted choosing the grey. :cool:

Hi, sorry to say I went for 'uncool'

I remember a mate (mike Warner if he is still on the forum) getting one of the (1992?) Alu E stay square tubed bikes which had Maguras, gripshift and lovely Tange Switchblades but even then I thought it was a bit uncool. One of the first things he did was to respray it, and he didn't use Saracen decals...

Back