Do you remember ?

maybe it was 3 Peaks that was cancelled then? Not sure - I read alot of rubbish and not all of it goes in (properly)

seems to have been quiet on the foot and mouth front for a week or so...let's hope that's a lid on it

gump":38m6oa8b said:
hey, I raced a few times at the shire horse centre. Quite bizarre :LOL:

shire horse centre in devon? What year was that? I had a 2nd place there in 92/3 only time I ever rode there.

Real Ale Wobble is a laugh, did it a few times in the late nineties. Neck a pint of 'Old Todgers Special Ale' then try not to throw up climbing the next steep hill - you have a silly grin on your face during the decent though. There is something deeply wrong with putting beer in a Camelbak you know it's a bad idea but at the time you don't care.

Or the alternative tactic, gentle ride to the first checkpoint - and old deserted house with a roaring log fire, stay there and drink all the beer. Then gentle (wobbly) ride back to town for more drinking.

Happy days :D

gump":d2cfv03w said:
yeah Mike in Devon. Think I won in 92 and 93

mike from barrettos bikes in plymouth won it the time I did it.
given our previous close proximity I bet our paths crossed unknowingly a few times in the past :)

crikey, barrettos bikes! I remember him well. I am sure we passed many a time, like a few others on this forum.

I was racing Junior at the time, so easy racing at the locals :) Not sure which Iwon to be honest, would need to check out my trophy room to be sure :LOL:

gump":18i3vx76 said:
crikey, barrettos bikes! I remember him well. I am sure we passed many a time, like a few others on this forum.

I was racing Junior at the time, so easy racing at the locals :) Not sure which Iwon to be honest, would need to check out my trophy room to be sure :LOL:

I was in sport. I thought I'd won my class as Mike was in expert, but mid-race organisers had somehow merged classes! I rode the last 1/4 lap on a rapidly deflating front tye... interesting steering :LOL:

Back