Can't fit disc caliper to 1996 Bomber Z2s

JohnH":2c5k0vc6 said:
coomber":2c5k0vc6 said:
mattbrown":2c5k0vc6 said:
they wont be IS mounts, thats for definite, back then there were a few competing standards.
No, you're quite right. The guy in my LBS thinks that my only option is to buy some new forks.

DO NOT DO THAT JUST YET
I have Z1 Bomber, 1996 vintage. I am working with B2 (member on this forum) to get some adapters made up to convert to IS mount.

We are at the last stages, I'll be making hopefully the final template to check all fits then B1 will bang out a few ..... :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC06994.JPG
    DSC06994.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 3,801
JohnH":zy5zkmm3 said:
lewis1641":zy5zkmm3 said:
i had some that a previous owner had drilled out to accept is mount. is that an option?
You mean that someone had drilled out the Bombers?

they had drilled out the upper bolt hole for the caliper mount.

It's true, I should have some adaptors to mount IS standard calipers to Z1 & Z2's in the next couple of weeks.

You can redrill the upper hole closer to the fork leg to get the 51mm spacing, but you will then need to use a 177mm disc.

ATB

John

mikeekim89":2zyd39rk said:
i'm sure a few members on here have made mounts for bombers, try PM'ing mikee or big.eck. I know eck's made his own mounts ;)
Cheers mikeekim. Looking further down the thread, it seems that someone is on the case. :)

KeepItSteel":2zyd39rk said:
If you take that route, please sell me your Z2's!
I'll keep you in mind, KIS! :D

02gf74":2zyd39rk said:
I have Z1 Bomber, 1996 vintage. I am working with B2 (member on this forum) to get some adapters made up to convert to IS mount.
I love this forum! :cool:

02gf74":2zyd39rk said:
We are at the last stages, I'll be making hopefully the final template to check all fits then B1 will bang out a few .....
Have money, will pay... ;)

B3":2zyd39rk said:
It's true, I should have some adaptors to mount IS standard calipers to Z1 & Z2's in the next couple of weeks.
Fantastic. You know where to find me! :)

B3":2zyd39rk said:
You can redrill the upper hole closer to the fork leg to get the 51mm spacing, but you will then need to use a 177mm disc.
I think I'll just wait for your adapter... ;)

a) I'm not a member of BikeRadar
b) They can't buy anything yet!

;) :)

Do you think you'll sell the adapters painted, powder-coated or without a finish?

Latest posts

Back