Giant Peloton Superlite

hi there. I have purple Peloton Superlite (sz 56´ish) up for sale. it´s in very good condition... It´s in Denmark though.

It´s a really stiff frame isn´t it?

Giant Peloton Build year

cride":nps8qm09 said:
ziele477":nps8qm09 said:
i have two numbers firs is:
G0285
and the second:
the rims are Mavic a119

Since your serial number (the first portion) doesn't have any letters in between the numbers, I believe the frame was built prior to 1986.

G = Giant
MM = month
YY = year
I would decipher your serial code as: Frame built in Feb 1985 by Giant.

I myself just got me a classic low priced beauty as a first racer. I was wondering about the build year as well. It seems to be an old one, because the graphics are very old school (see picture).

Framenumber: GD805209

Should I presume the build year to be 1980?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 6,890
Old Giant Classic Racer needs total overhaul

Hello

I have been searching all over the internet about this "Giant Classic Hi-Ten" with word "Racer" on the top tube. It's been 3 days and this forum is where I end up!

I bought it secondhand 2 weeks ago and since I've just started cycling in London I don't know much about bikes! I took it to Decathlon for a simple service and they thew away the old chain without making sure the new chain actually fits! Then I took it to Evans Cycles and they just can't be bothered to fix an old bike!

It looks like has been converted to a fixed wheel. The parts are just wrong and put together very badly by the previous owner. So right now it's a complete mess, a total unrideable state. It's chainless, the rear wheel is not centered between the frame (wrong wheel I think) and the hub in the rear wheel is one side longer than the other! Also the chain rings on the crank seem to have been stripped out (the outer biggest chain ring is missing) and even if you put a new chain on the chainring won't align with the rear sprocket teeth and the chainset. It's just completely wrong!

So I need to know exactly what to get to fixed it up?

I would like to restore it (not sure what it was originally) don't mind single speed with freewheel as I've got another Giant with 18 speed (I think).

Your help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I've taken down some measurements:

Front wheel spacing 90mm
Rear wheel spacing 125mm
Frame 50cm from crank to seat post
Top tube 51cm or 52cm from seat post to handle pivot
26inch wheels.

Again any advise would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo greatly appreciated. I just can't wait to ride it! Everywhere on the internet says Hi-Ten frame is cheap blah blah blah. But I JUST LOVE THE FRAME AND THE WAY IT LOOKS!

My email is jennychang.uk@gmail so please write!

Thank you guys so much in advance!

Jenny

Old Giant Classic Hi-Ten in need of total overhaul

Hiya

Here it is.... I know everything needs to be changed, chainset, backwheel to freewheel, new sprockets, etc. But I just don't know exactly what size model they are that I need to buy...

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 6,840
Old Giant Classic Hi-Ten in need of total overhaul

another one.

Attachments

• g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 4,775
my superlite

my superlite....

Modelyear 1993, I am the first owner.

Fork is not original, as aren't the pedals and the saddle, wheels.

Still ride the bike on a regular basis (2000+ km/y, could have been more this year, if I haven't had a crash, breaking my collarbone...... Bike didn't have a scratch....).

The original Shimano Exage shifters are now replaced by Sora brake/shifters. Works very well for me...

Attachments

• 269_6962-1.JPG
    269_6962-1.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 4,589
  • 269_6963.JPG
    269_6963.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 4,588
  • 269_6966-1.JPG
    269_6966-1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 4,588
Seat tube internal diameter?

I've recently bought one of these in pretty bad condition, which had previously had a too large aluminium seatpost put in it, which had then corroded in place solidly. 5 different bike repair shops failed to remove it, I had to dissolve it out with c.NaOH in the end... Anyway, does anybody know what diameter seatpost it SHOULD take? I want to start there, as there is a chance that the seat tube will shrink gradually over time to it's original size now that the stress has been relived... if the post's too small I can always go up a size, but if I put in one that fits now and the tube shrinks, I don't want to have to dissolve it out again! :)

I have one of these, I'll take some pics and upload. I'll also measure the diameter of the seat post and let you know. I'm not sure if I should be riding it these days, so thinking of retiring the frame and hanging up in the garage :)

Latest posts

Back