Mystic british track frame?

Jneed

Retro Newbie
Hello all,

Being a newbie aroud here im sorry if there`s a topic for this kind of questions? My topic can be removed if necessary.

Problem is the identification of the project track frame i got last week.

There is a number in seat tubing (RX 76 R) and letter A in upper lug in seat tubing area. Nervex lug numbers are 61 (degrees) 64 (degrees) D22 (small 2) 5 38 or 5,38
Bottom bracket lug has also BR in it, so it has british threading.

I would be very thankful for all the help.

Cheers!

Hi and welcome. Not a lot to go on really apart from possibly the rear ends which are rather' delicate' looking. Maybe the numbers will mean something to someone.

Literally hundreds of frame builders used Nervex Pro lugs, but no self respecting frame builder would bang numbers into the side of the seat tube like that unless there was a local requirement, like a registration.
The rear ends look like made from a flat plate by hand?

Does it have British threading in the bottom bracket?

Now you say that Keith they look a bit like a postcode marking the cops used to hammer into bikes as a 'free service' to the public.

Yes, it has british threading and its made out of Reynolds tubes. Could not see if it was 531 or what...just Reynolds markings.

Sure to be 1.125 inch seat tube, so if it takes a 27.2mm pillar it's butted, 20/23 gauge most likely 531.
Anything on the front fork column?
Without mudguards, must be close clearance, which could be just under 13.5 inches from the centre of the rear axle to the bridge. Any brake drillings?

Back