2002 Specialized Enduro Expert FSR

It's a random length/stroke, so not too easy to get exactly the same.

However, I have got a partial refund of the eBay bloke now and have instructed TFT to sort my original shock. This will atleast mean I can retain the original functions of the shock and it'll be as good as new.

Should have the shock back middle-to-end of next week. No riding this weekend :(

Yup, when you look at others you can definitely tell that the shock isn't right. Hope to have to shock back towards the end of the week, then I can give it a good ride out next weekend.

There is a very slim chance I may be able to join you, although a month without riding is taking its toll. The little fitness I did have has almost ebbed away!! We'll see.

Are you still holding onto that frame for me Matt?

Bad luck with the shock.

Consider one of the new Rock Shox as a replacement. Way better value than Fox for pretty much the same features.

Sure it's not newer than 2002?

I'm fairly sure it's 2002: http://www.specialized.com/gb/en/bc/SBC ... &gold_ses=

Although they might have done the same colour scheme another year?

Too late, TFT are sorting the original fox jobbie out. They recommending this over buying a new one due to the weird dimensions of the original one. They were tempted to adjust a new Fox shock to fit, but they said it probably wouldn't suit the frame as well.

Can't wait for it to be returned to me! The bike needs to redeem itself!

The shock has left TFT! I should have it back before 3pm tomorrow and it'll be fitted when I get in from work. Hopefully the bike will be up to the standard it deserves to be.

Got a 10% off voucher for CRC today too, so I can order up some hydraulic hose, olives etc and extend the rear brake hose so it follows the correct routing too.

Hopefully, there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Let me borrow that light when you've finished with it please! ;)

Great news though, looking forward to seeing it with the correct...gait?

TFT have worked their magic and my shock has been returned (and it's like new).

The shock:

04112010405.jpg

What was replaced...:

04112010406.jpg

That'll be pretty much everything then!

You can see that the shock is noticeable longer than before - around 1.5" longer. It's now fitted to the bike. Thankfully, the headangle is a lot better than before so I'm really looking forward to taking it out :)

Will get some pics up as soon as I can get it out in daylight.

Latest posts

Back