Aeronaut's DMR Trailstar

since i cant be botherd to read 6 pages properly why do you have the chain device on? you cut the lugs off for a clean look yet clutter the bike up with a pointless guide?

other than that its a really smart looking bike.

chris86":vgyvwzkg said:
since i cant be botherd to read 6 pages properly why do you have the chain device on? you cut the lugs off for a clean look yet clutter the bike up with a pointless guide?

other than that its a really smart looking bike.

You're right, it was pointless to an extent but i just liked it tbh... plus only cost me 99p with the tensioner :oops:

It has now been removed anyway and much prefer it. Also removed the front brake; rear caliper will be reduced in size at some point too. Just want to simplify it considering the riding thats going to be done on it from now on.
The saddle has also been changed since to an early (mint) DMR one that i've been searching for ages for!

Thinking of either reducing the rear cog, or increasing the front chainring size soon too as i run out of legs at times.

Cheers mate! :)

Ive been looking at colours for the reincarnation of my clockwork. I came across this thread and saw the pics and loved your paint job! Nice! I plan to go to Colour Tech too, as they aren't far away. I was was wondering what sort of paint is on your Trailstar? I had been looking at powder coating... until I saw your pics! I am going for all silver components and like the idea of a titanium grey but with the same sparkle as yours not a flat colour powder coating would give. Is it metallic enamel paint with a 2pac laqure over or ? How is it holding up?

Elsubstar":1gc3t2oh said:
Ive been looking at colours for the reincarnation of my clockwork. I came across this thread and saw the pics and loved your paint job! Nice! I plan to go to Colour Tech too, as they aren't far away. I was was wondering what sort of paint is on your Trailstar? I had been looking at powder coating... until I saw your pics! I am going for all silver components and like the idea of a titanium grey but with the same sparkle as yours not a flat colour powder coating would give. Is it metallic enamel paint with a 2pac laqure over or ? How is it holding up?

Wow haven't seen this thread for a while, thanks ;)

As regards to the paint, I'm not sure what was used exactly but presume it's just your regular wet coat as far as I know mixed to match the colour i'd decided on. The metallic fleck was a custom addition that I asked for in the paint and really alters the way it looks in direct sunlight.
The frame was lacquered before the decals were applied and then lacquered again over the top to seal everything in nice and is holding up very well indeed... although I did go crazy all over with helicopter tape! I wouldn't like to comment how it would fair if were left unprotected with heavy use. The paint choice is more for the look over durability but should still hold up well enough, no less than any other I'd imagine.

The bike hasn't been used too vigorously offroad as is more of an urban ride for me but cleans up as good as new with no worries. Still shines like the day I brought the frame home. You won't be disappointed with the result should you take that route :)

Cheers, Wayne.

I think this thread is worth resurrecting, its a beauty of a bike! I think Ill have a chat with Dave when I drop the frame in but ill definitely use pics of your paint job as a reference. :cool:

Back