MacRetro 2011

I vote Lommonds for Solstice ride, blooming good veiw from up there. However I suggest start point a tad closer than from Mikee's hoose, I felt it was a wee bit of a slog before we even reached the hills but then I'm unfit sometimes due to the M.E. :roll:

velomaniac":2i2g6nyz said:
I vote Lommonds for Solstice ride, blooming good veiw from up there. However I suggest start point a tad closer than from Mikee's hoose, I felt it was a wee bit of a slog before we even reached the hills but then I'm unfit sometimes due to the M.E. :roll:
+1, I'll bring the woad. Mikee is a superb guide, and there seems to be tons of riding up there.

So far chronologically then:

First off would be TK's winter wonderland at Dunkeld, had a great time this year and last and always a good winter warmer. This on the 30th of January

I'm wanting to push Glentress back to our June slot, next year will be our 4th and I reckon the longest running area group meet. October was a wee bit cold but in saying that I'm amazed the turnout we got considering. GT should be the weekend of the 4/5 June

What about a lomonds or pentlands solstice ride? Rather than GT at solstice. 21st of June or the weekend folowing?

Apart from that we could maybe organise at least one sortie down south en masse. Might take a wee bit of coordination but it would be good to take a few scalps I believe the BDW is a joint effort between the northeners so we could kick two asses at the same time. BDW is July 22-24

zigzag":1pqbkohs said:
+1, I'll bring the wood. Mikee is a superb guide, and there seems to be tons of riding up there.

I'm not going if Zigzag has wood :shock:

Solstice ride would be good in RealKW's estate - big stone rings and 20 minutes of darkness, shame it is so far and close to the GT meet.

Shetlands better and virtually no darkness at all 'the simmer din' in fact which is also the name of a very fine amber coloured pint of beer they serve up there :cool:

Alas though way too far unless you took the overnight ferry from Aberdoom ;)

kaiser":pq96301j said:

First off would be TK's winter wonderland at Dunkeld, had a great time this year and last and always a good winter warmer. This on the 30th of January

I'm wanting to push Glentress back to our June slot, next year will be our 4th and I reckon the longest running area group meet. October was a wee bit cold but in saying that I'm amazed the turnout we got considering. GT should be the weekend of the 4/5 June

What about a lomonds or pentlands solstice ride? Rather than GT at solstice. 21st of June or the weekend folowing?

Apart from that we could maybe organise at least one sortie down south en masse. Might take a wee bit of coordination but it would be good to take a few scalps I believe the BDW is a joint effort between the northeners so we could kick two asses at the same time. BDW is July 22-24

drum march? Happy to organize BTW

laggan april?

arran in may?

epic august?

Sounds good apart from the Drum run. Kinda thought it could be the easy ride of the pack, lots of chatting ,showing off the nice bike, sitting for a bite etc. More meet than ride. So a switch to better weather would be nice. Could move it to May and Arran to Sept?

clockworkgazz":1x7ecjtq said:
kaiser":1x7ecjtq said:

laggan april?

drum may? Happy to organize BTW

epic august?

arran in sept?

yeah good idea

Back