Help Needed - German with a paypal account..

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I need to send some money to a guy in Germany who does not have a PAYPAL account. Using a british bank is really bad for this so was hoping that if i sent someone the money via Paypal they could do an internal bank transfer for me ??

Anyone willing to help ?

its true the lovely people at HSBC took great delight in charging me £25 to bank transfer £48 to a german account.

Simply disgusting.

Send money through post. Soounds mad but its the cheapest option mate.

Mad by todays standards.

Hence one of the reasons why I left HSBC.

Natwest wanted £27, or £15 but it would take 2 weeks, wtf !!

I did mention the cash idea but seller not keen, couple of experiences of money not arriving..

Recorded Delivery is the bestbet by far. I've never had a problem sending or recieving ( :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: ) money by post.

Don't quite me on this but I think standard recorded delivery is insured for a reasonable sum - £200?

Mark
:D :D :D

Hilts":280qw864 said:
I need to send some money to a guy in Germany who does not have a PAYPAL account.

I needed similar help recently but it was for £1300! I was uneasy transferring that much money without the paypal protection. When I eventually spoke to a German colleague who offered me assistance he warned me against it too!

Why is paypal so unpopular on the continent for ebay users. Are they just more trusting?

Back