Retro Ride Recreation Attempt

ridevintagemtb

BoTY Winner
Kona Fan
Saturday the fiancee and I decided to do some organizing. Ok well, I really wasn't involved in the decision ;). But I did manage to come across this:

cover.jpg

Flipping through the pages, I realized why I had saved it. There was a report of the 86 NORBA Nationals here at Edgemont Ranch in Durango.

page_one.jpg

JT_start.jpg

tomacmg.jpg

ned_win.jpg

Quick email to Ned to learn the route, and it was planned for Sunday morning. Woke up to a chilly(3 deg celsius) morning. Master of Puppets on the ipod and off I went.

DSCN1205.jpg

Edgemont is about a 20 minute ride northeast of town.

DSCN1207.jpg

Ned said the route would be hard to find, but I learned quickly it would be impossible. 20 years brings progress.. houses, roads, etc. I managed to take a few shots, but nothing that resembled the former race trail.

DSCN1210.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1218-1.jpg

DSCN1215.jpg

Anyways, enjoy the scans at least.

'86 - was that at the time where everyone had to ride trials as part of the US champs? (or did I just dream up this fact?).

Love the retro race pictures. No Rockshocks in site :D :D those were the days :cool: :LOL:

Hilts":2qi1fry5 said:
Quick email to Ned to learn the route

:cool:

we're not jealous at all Ameybrook!

Nice pictures, just a shame you couldn't find the old trails. Those stills look very similar some scenes in the film 'Rockhopper South'? (My copy disappeared in the post enroute to Wu-T so can't check :cry: )

Just check out those awsome dry dusty trials....We get those for about a week these days :cry:

Back