'95 Kona AA

i forgot pics forst thing this morning, but by the time the rains came i'd thrown together this little Franken-Kona, as i was desperate to try it out.

IMAG0029.jpg

dear sweet lord it accelerates quick

A little trip to one of the LBS' this afternoon proved fortuitous as what i thought was a rash descision on some sweet orange brake cables turns out to be a bit of luck as they can double as gear cables. Once the magura's arrive i'll have some naughty cable-type bling

Forks are on their way from Nomad14. Very excited about those. Bit deflated about the saddle. Thought i'd found a place with one, but turns out what was supposed to be an early next week delivery is now early November...another two weeks to wait. argh. how will i know if the grips match !?!

did i mention i'm excited abot the forks?

one last piccy. couldn't resist this shot..a little epiphany, it seems she is "the one"

*cue glorious chorus*
IMAG0028.jpg

cheers dude :D we should sort out another brighton jaunt with everyone.

a little update - forks arrived..

IMAG0038.jpg

brakes may arrive tomorrow, plus i need a top cap and some spacers. nearly there!

Looking good, what did you do with the forks that came with it? I would happily take them off your hands if only for spares asIi have the identical fork, albeit in much better (working) condition, on a 1995 Kona Sex Too that I am restoring. Great idea about the model paints, my aluminium frame is also looking pretty tatty, but yours looks to have come up a treat

Cheers dude

aah, now, do you mean the champagne coloured marzocchi's or the manitou's i robbed off my old GT?

BobCatMax":31zd7cxb said:
Cheers dude

aah, now, do you mean the champagne coloured marzocchi's or the manitou's i robbed off my old GT?

Tim will be on about the marzocchi mate ;) ;)

I thought so, cheers Jon.

I used to live round your way development_cycle, so next time i'm back at my folks, i could pop them round?

BobCatMax":3ba67503 said:
I thought so, cheers Jon.

I used to live round your way development_cycle, so next time i'm back at my folks, i could pop them round?

Sounds good to me buddy, drop me a PM when you're next around the area.

Loving your work

Nice build, been keeping an eye on your progress.
Would look sexy with a brown charge spoon saddle, kinda remember you eyeing up mine on the brighton sea front ride.
Will be completing my build soon (Kona 1996 A A) Havent posted any pics yet waiting for the finish.
Hopefully hook up for a more rural ride next time and put the A A,s through thier paces.

Andy = Cinder Cone 1995.

Latest posts

Back