I saw this and REALLY like it!

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Remember Bridgstone bikes?

Same guy who used to be the US importer (and a driving force behind the design of those bikes) now runs Rivendell bicycle works.

http://www.rivbike.com/search/frames?pa ... uct=50-640

The MTB is the Bombadil (pictured) and I really like it, am seriously considering putting a deposit down. It seems to embody all of the ethos of some of the most popular bikes on here and if I was to buy a new bike I would love to support the attitude behind this comapny!

Attachments

• siteBOMBADIL_NO_FENDERS.jpg
    siteBOMBADIL_NO_FENDERS.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,311
I doubt whether Grant Peterson imported Bridgestones himself. Anyway he was an important decission maker.

Peter says unfavouable exchange rates was the reason for Bridgestones withdrawel of the US market. Maybe it could also have something to do with that the Bridgestones became somewhat quirky bikes at some point (or the rest of the market became quirky :? ) It was obvious Grant put his signature on all of them. Nowadays it is that what makes Bridgestones especially desirable.

I've spotted this mountain issue Rivendell on MTBR too. People there complained it is a bit expensive, as though it is fine Japanese quality it is not custom. Pricing is in the custom league. Others said it is bit heavy. I don't care, but for many that is an issue.

what's expensive anyway? If it's £800 sheets for a hand built steel bike...not so bad a deal.

I like that it's retro but with more modern looking (ish) geometry.

overhere it is

duties on frame + shipping

+

VAT on frame + shipping + duties

I think it is the same for UK

VAT of course varies within EU. Duties I think not. If I recall correctly duties for bike part is 7%.

Jones":2e926njr said:
I like the Saluki as well :) any idea how much you'd get stuffed for by customs ?

Yeah that's a good point. Take all the bits to build it up with you on holiday in a bike box, then bring the whole bike back with you. "You went on a biking holiday", which technically isn't a lie! :LOL:

Wonder if I could get my fillet brazed frame clear coated like that once stripped of paint, think the fillets would look really nice if shown off. I know other manus have done it in the past but would love to know the strength/durability etc. Any one know anyone who could do it?

Back