1993 Saracen Catalogue

chrisv40":6fsy8l76 said:
Sorry to all of you that requested this got it done at last ;)

Ah, that's it, that's what I have then, a 1993 Tufftrax elite, that would make my old lost Traverse Elite a '92 model or maybe a '91, I can't quite remember when I bought it, but I bought it new, my first BMX for adults as I called it myself being cajoled into buying a MTB by my Diamond Back owning pal who was fed up of riding alone.

But, can anyone tell me what the forks were on the original bike, as mine came with a pair of muddy fox rigid forks and those odd bent up type handlebars, not the straight type I had on my old Traverse elite.

The Traverse elite of whatever year before '93 had Shimano XT on it, which I kind of liked, so my present Tufftrax Elite also has XT on it, the old Altus stuff that was fitted, I still have and may use again at some point.

But the Saracen I have now, I remember those from back in the day, I remembered a review in MBR I think, where the reviewer commented on the decals being kind of gawdy and tin foily, a type which he believed would not last long. But my present Tufftrax despite it's age, approx 16 or 17 years old now the stickers and decals have lasted well, a bit battered and rough around the edges, but they are still there and recognisable.

The reference to the decals being gawdy I think was because the previous years decals were very understated, and quite classy in comparison, although the ones that said Traverse elite up on the top tube way back towards the saddle did not last long at all, they were abraded clear by me and the cable routing in very little time at all.

Back