New and retro clearout

Dave_H

Senior Retro Guru
Retro

Boulder Defiant retro frameset
Retro full suspension from around 1994
Frame size is 22.5" effective top tube with a 19" C to T seat tube, although the seat tube measurement is fairly meaningless due to the heavily sloping top tube.
Build comes as follows with :
Ritchey Logic headset - New
XT 8 speed front mech - Great condition
Shock has recently been serviced and the frame is in absolutely excellent condition.
£175

Other Retro parts
Rock Shox Judy DH Forks - Great condition £50
Race Face Titanium bottom bracket 68*107 - Has been fitted to bike but otherwise NOS £40
NOS Silver Ringle Moby seatpost 27.2 - Is brand new but has a small crack by the clamp area so is only usable on a show bike £12
Retro Kona Impact 1" threaded headset - NOS £15

Modern

Mechs and Shifters
All are in virtually new condition
9 Speed LX Shifters £22
Rear Mech £17
Deore Front Mech £12
Front mech is 34.9 and can provide a 28.6 or 31.8 shim if required

SPD Pedals
Shimano PD-M520 Black with a few scuffs but great condition £12

DMR Conrod stem and Wingbars
Stem is 70mm
Bars are wide
Have hardly been used but a couple of minor scuffs from storage and removal of grips
£20

Unbranded black front disc hub
36 hole
Comes with Shimano skewer
Has been built up into wheel but is unused
£15

Springs
Romic 750 x 2.0 (Red)
Fox Vanilla 600 (I think) x 1.55 (Black)
Fox Vanilla 450 x 1.74 (Black)
£15 each

Would prefer bank transfer or cheque, but Paypal okay if you must

All prices include postage if required. Email me for pics.

forgive my ignorance - but how can I tell if the Romic coil will fit my shock on my San Andreas?

I currently have a 600lbs (I think) spring which is too soft and was looking to upgrade, what do I need to measure to check if yours is compatible?

Assuming it's a Romic shock you've got - it's the 2.0 stroke bit that's important and it should be written on your current spring.

If it's for a longer stroke shock then it won't work as the spring will be fully compressed before the shock has run out of travel. If it's shorter, then it will work as long as the spring isn't too long for the shock body.

Can measure the length of the spring tonight if you would like?

Back