Retrobike Peaks Dad’s Army Rideout October 13th and 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes from the Field

Jo and I took a light run over Rushup Edge (a five mile section of next Saurday's route) this afternoon, then dining at the Sportsman Inn, Hayfield... we can report the ground underfoot to be firm but softening - mostly a Porcupine kind of surface we felt. Twas my first run on an FSR - it was lovely, I didn't realise what a bloody good suspension set up it has. However I feel duty bound to cycle something more hardcore in my back yard, to save any moaning come the day...

Roast Pork with crackling and a fat Yorkshire Pudding was excellent reward at the pub in Hayfield. A small room has now been reserved for the pub quiz and the landlord has been primed for Gus - adding two extra wardrobes in his room...

ARP Hodges

Due to the f*ckin post office the bits I need will not be here in time for me to sort out my intended ride, so I'm going to be fully rigid on the Explosif !!

I even went riding yesterday in preparation for this.

I think the reason why Ive been crap in the past is because Ive either been hungover or ill. I think thats a good excuse.

Right, I've got myself organised, I'm booked in at the George Hotel for Friday and Saturday nights and with the distant memory of my last time going down Jacobs Ladder I've fitted some big brakes.....

Mrs Jango may tag along for the Sunday trundle....this may of course be subjact to change....

See you all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back