Alpinestars 1991 Al-mega DX by Maverick

maverick":3lhijsn0 said:
find some dust caps for the cranks.

If its the silver mirror ones you want drop me a pm with your address and i'll karma you a pair across.

just realised i've been reading this but not commented

looks really nice
bet it looks even better in the metal
top work

so the 92 ,watcha got in mind ?

1992 cro-mega

For the 1992 (thanks Mikee) i am undecided on the frame colour, maybe solid black powder or maybe white. It will probably have a Deore mechs+shifters, XT V-brakes, hayes levers and a set of D521 rims on XT hubs, hopefully with snowflaked spokes.

I also need a new 1 and 1/4 headset, i have a quill flexstem in black and silver ready to install.

I may even post pictures of this build as i go rather than at the end like this one.

I love this, wow, such attention to detail, this is the only respray of an Alpinestars I've seen that does it justice.

Feel sorry for your frame painter, '3 times I took the stem and forks back to match the colour', in the end you painted em white!...

:shock:

Fantastic paint job..i love this build.
I would try out some different skewers to match the stunning paintjob.
By the way what make are the blue breaks in the first pic?

GT-Steve":ugx3g1jb said:
The Finished article looks very good indeed.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hope you're happy with the build? You should be... ;)

Agreed. :D .... looks good, just the motivation I need to get on and finish my one now! Purchased from GT-Steve, I've got a long way to go to get to the standards of your one but inspired get mine beyond primer now!

Here's some pics 'borrowed' from GT- Steve. It's currently stripped of it's paint job and awaiting a sand blast before etch primer. Got all the 'DX' bits now though!

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• starting off2.jpg
    starting off2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,961
  • starting off.jpg
    starting off.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,961
juice":8obmfuug said:
Fantastic paint job..i love this build.
I would try out some different skewers to match the stunning paintjob.
By the way what make are the blue breaks in the first pic?

They are not named so i can only assume that they are as 'Mikee' stated some Tektro copies of Graftons.
I did try and get some matching skewers, these where meant to be bright green, i think i will replace them with nice shiney silver efforts.

Thanks for all the retrobike love i'm feeling towards my first build. :p

Back