MacRetro 2011

Mr Panda":3sc8ze3u said:
:cool:

It is pretty much the same route - maybe need to lengthen it a bit. Start at Bridge of Orchy and make it into a worthwhile overnighter? Or base at Ft Bill and do something else next day?

:twisted: :twisted:

up and doon the ben!(bike optional)

what about some diffrent event meets ? like a modern meet at x ? a full retro meet at x ? a dh day at x ? if we split the meets equally then the organisers could stump up a prize for best bike or the carpark dash ? would make it more fun and might help to bring new members along to meets ?

also i was thinking about the christmas bash , what about edinburgh this year ?

just some thoughts :LOL:

Eck, this is retrobike, you cant do a modern meet. You can show up at a retro meet on a modern bike and get a slagging though :LOL:

If Edinburgh for Xmas bash, I'm not organising it, just to make that clear ;)

If the burgh then someone from the east needs to set up place, I'm happy to got to the capital as I could stay over at the inlaws pad in stockbridge.

clockworkgazz":3vhn671f said:
If the burgh then someone from the east needs to set up place, I'm happy to got to the capital as we could all stay over at the inlaws pad in stockbridge.

thats damm decent of them gaz

To summarise so far....

First off would be TK's winter wonderland at Dunkeld, had a great time this year and last and always a good winter warmer. This on the 30th of January

MrP has loads of ideas for another epic adventure in the wilds and is going to pore over the maps to come up with something interesting. We could probably put this one out as a national event, try to attract some sassenachs to the big country.

I'm wanting to push Glentress back to our June slot, next year will be our 4th and I reckon the longest running area group meet. October was a wee bit cold but in saying that I'm amazed the turnout we got considering. GT should be the weekend of the 4/5 June

I was also thinking of a meet down at Drumlanrig, working title MacRetrofest or MacRetropalooza. This could be a retro only. Bring your best bike and show it off, we could have a vote for area champion etc. Nice easy loop of the Drum and a look round the bike museum.

Apart from that we could maybe organise at least one sortie down south en masse. Might take a wee bit of coordination but it would be good to take a few scalps I believe the BDW is a joint effort between the northeners so we could kick two asses at the same time. BDW is July 22-24

Epic adventure to include Skye?

Epic day out ion the southern uplands, would wanlockheed qualify?

Back to Arran for a revisit

A road ride

Tick off Lagan

What about a lomonds or pentlands solstice ride? Rather than GT at solstice. 21st of June or the weekend folowing?

Tour of Ben Nevis. Up, doon and roon the Ben?

Downhill day? This would most possibly be a modern ride. Eck and Boxxer? Inners or Fort Bill?

Happy to guide inners if required, my dh rig is not officially retro though and does need some work before it's usable (blown seals on my hopes and a rear shock that needs redoing....)

I could poss rock the Rts that day.....

Let me know and I'll book it with the wife

Back