Serotta 'Colorado legend Tri'

Seller has emailed the tracking number (it could arrive today - which is nice).

But, he then went on to say that he'd included some tri bars to go with it!

Which is very generous and saves me looking.

Well, isnt that bizzarre - frame turns up and the Syntace tri bars have...

as set of original gripshift already there.

Fate?

Karma?

The interconnectedness of all things?

Jammy?

Attachments

• Serotta Colorado legend TRi.jpg
    Serotta Colorado legend TRi.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,880
Beautiful, very jealous. I had a notion of buying this and racing on it retroesque next year!

I think...

This will end up as a mongrel build - MTB wheels, RSX long reach dual pivots, flat bars with LX 8spd.

Then, when you've all finished beating me over the head:

I'll search out some 650c, decent bars/stem and so on but this will probably slide to the back of the queue when two very nice MTB projects arrive shortly.

With the short top tube, a cowhorn is going to give you a better position than a flat bar. You might just get away with short-reach brakes as well. I built a 650c Cannondale Compact with 26" wheels for a friend, and 47mm brakes just worked.

But seriously, do the decent thing, man. Sell it on!

pigman":1uagdrav said:
like someone said very niche. Excellent price as serrotta is a premium make with high prices ... see here ...

http://www.labicicleta.co.uk/serotta-c72.html

la bicycletta, based in sheffield are agents for serotta. Alex, the owner is a good guy, who might be able to help you shift it (or even buy it off you). Its the local shop for the sheffield tri club, so I guess there would be some interest there.

Very nice chap but he said no-one would be interested as their customers prefer to use 700c with all its carbon goodness.

Kudos for him trying to sell me a 700c frame though - I had to politely turn him down

Attachments

• polished and cleaned.jpg
    polished and cleaned.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,622
I picked up a plain white Serotta 650c frame last year from Holland, if you look under 650c section on ebay a shop is selling new Vision Tech wheelsets{wired on}and sometimes a carbon one inch fork will pop up but not really needed as fork legs so short you don't really benefit from carbons 'ride qualities'

Back