Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark's Alpinestars Ti Mega

• Ed's Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• Chris' orange Kona

• Total voters
In the excitement of the high drama, forgot to thank Ed (and A2Zest) for the end of ride local produce doggie bag. Great bush tucker !!

And Mark, great photos of the ride. Hopefully you also enjoyed the one we took of your bike at the pub, sans rider, on its own upside down and with the empty beer glass....kinda lets you know you were there in spirit until the next time you come visit...... :D :D

Hi All
Just seen your crash in the Fod.
As a local just to let you know this descent is know a" fetter/point quarry drop". A great follow on from the "roller coaster" descent. Checkout our site with its and other locations @ thefod.co.uk under the routes tabs.
If it makes you feel any better about end of August someone we know had a similar crash in same location on a night ride near the bottom. Broken ribs and brushed lung we were informed.
It's seems fine at the top but near the bottom is steepens considerably and you have to flick it left and right to avoid some of the rocks at bottom. Too much speed and you've had it if not experienced enough. Just to let you know before you get towards the bottom a revised ending has been created. Do a left half way down and you ride small bomb hole to finish at the bottom. More interesting and a little safer.
Cheers
thefod

Looks like I got lucky then! I've made a good recovery from my injuries and but for a slightly black eye, cracked rib and a sore but improving shoulder i'm ok. Heading to Glentress in the morning to get back on an mtb for the first time since last weekend.

Bit late in the day for posting but had had to leave the country shortly after the ride! Fantastic collection of pictures - thanks Mark!

So glad Mark was OK and fit to fight another day! It was a great ride until the accident and being the most local I can go back now and have another go at some of the single track now that I have a better idea where to go!

Will be back to the velvet garden for sure but think I'll give that dodgy descent a very wide berth for the foreseeable future!

Thanks to Ed and Del for organising the ride and to Ed's cousin Jan for the post ride tucker! The last of the excellent chocolate brownie went with us to Belgium and got eaten whilst riding on the Dutch/Belgian border yesterday at a small town named Phillipine!

Great to meet some new faces on the ride - hope to see you again soon - back in the UK Sunday, french strikes permitting!

Ok, just cast my vote from Mark's Ti-Mega and declare the poll closed.

Three bikes on 4 votes - Mark has had enough attention so is disqualified, I'm far too modest a fellow to declare my own bike the winner so bike of the ride is Rob's Kona Cindercone. Many congratulations. The prize is nothing more than pride and the stated intention to return and defend the crown.

Well done Rob, my attention seeking ti-mega and Ed's 'Lash Up' of a bike make you a clear winner.

Congratulations Rob, only fitting that a Kona should take first prize at the KonaFanBoy Meet.

Ed, could you please enter into the spirit of things next time and turn up on this if you still have it. ;)

Attachments

• kona_fire_mountain_695.jpg
    kona_fire_mountain_695.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,263
Thanks everyone. Chuffed to bits and I'll certainly be back, all polished up.

Sorry about the Golf wheel incident Mark, couldn't believe your luck , but remind me to get the number of your guardian angel next time we meet up.

Rob

Back