Finally dusted off my Kona and DeKerf

Jones - very nice rides.

Mrs Wu is particularly loving the Team SL (very similar to hers :) )

Two very nice and special bikes - don't sell them.

:D

AAARRRGHH

You had a Hei Hei and an SL team in your parents loft????!!!!!!! Thats criminal, at the very least they should have been hung on the wall, nice taste in bikes!! Very nice indeed, now "just get out and ride"

Jones":tglexq5k said:
Anthony":tglexq5k said:
The Hei Hei looks utterly superb to me. OK the disk adapter is a pity, but I've never felt the need for a rear disk anyway personally, but that's just me. Size 17 too, just my perfect Kona size.

How could you tell it was a 17" from that picture :shock: I always thought it was an 18" until this morning when I measured it :)

Ahh! You see, that's why it ended up in the loft, it's the wrong size for you. You always knew there was something not quite right, didn't you?

No point rebuilding it then, how much do you want for it?

Re: AAARRRGHH

Wold Ranger":9udhnewz said:
You had a Hei Hei and an SL team in your parents loft????!!!!!!! Thats criminal, at the very least they should have been hung on the wall, nice taste in bikes!! Very nice indeed, now "just get out and ride"

Well thats the trouble see, you can only ride one bike at a time :? so with one bedroom full of bikes and bike bits in our house :shock:

Some had to go in my parents loft and there's more in there than I remembered :shock: I was quite suprised how many I had to climb over to get to these two :D so one of them will probably go at some point :?

When I bought the Hei Hei I came very close to buying two King Kahunas as well :shock: when I got to my lbs the rep from Kona was there with a sheet of paper :)

Being nosy I had a look and it was a list of bikes and frames they were selling off in some sort of factory sale :D

There were two King Kahunas and a Hei Hei for silly prices :shock: I made him ring up straight away but I'd missed out on the two Kahunas by a couple of minutes but managed to get the Hei Hei :)

Still gutted :LOL:

Jones":3vibj5cz said:
all black tyres make the wheels look huge and clumsy on the small frame :shock: so I'm afraid for now its wildgrippers :D

Oh so true. Just decided this while looking at my (similar looking) frame and thinking the all black wheels (with ceramic rims) looked a bit dull and heavy.

Bring back amber walls....

:cool: :cool:

Crikey!

Wish I had a Dekerf and Hei Hei in my folks' loft. All they have are boxes of christmas decorations and spiders :)

Back