British Eagle 1992&3 Lotus Sport Cat'og

Wow, that takes me back...

There used to be a shop called Elsfal cycles where I lived BITD, it old their own branded stuff as well as all the British Eagle/Lotus Sport stuff and some nice Ridgeback models (including an XTR equipped version), I remember that they had the Boss in stock as well as the Pro-Carbon :cool:

Speaking of which, the one on Ebay at the moment may have come from that very store, I definitely remember one being there with campag parts and the bullet shifters :)

I almost regret selling my Lotus fauxjumper now, didn't realise they were as early as '92. The frame set was so light, probably half what my Parkpre weighs!

I rebuilt a British Eagle Shadow 531 frame, for our Dad a couple of years ago http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47945

be4.jpg

be5.jpg

mynchiboy":abv9m6jr said:

There used to be a shop called Elsfal cycles where I lived BITD, it old their own branded stuff as well as all the British Eagle/Lotus Sport stuff and some nice Ridgeback models (including an XTR equipped version), I remember that they had the Boss in stock as well as the Pro-Carbon :cool:

Speaking of which, the one on Ebay at the moment may have come from that very store, I definitely remember one being there with campag parts and the bullet shifters :)
Ah, so you know Grimsby then, I had a few bikes from Elsfal as a kid, I think the old bloke who owned it sold it to some of his mechanics & they moved to a different location

The Pro Carbon in question came into our shop (JC Cook) a while ago as a trade in, not sure the fella was the original owner, bit I think most of the parts are original.

I will be getting better pics of it when I remember to take my camera into work :oops:

Andy B":3q1xo82l said:
mynchiboy":3q1xo82l said:

Ah, so you know Grimsby then, I had a few bikes from Elsfal as a kid, I think the old bloke who owned it sold it to some of his mechanics & they moved to a different location

The Pro Carbon in question came into our shop (JC Cook) a while ago as a trade in, not sure the fella was the original owner, bit I think most of the parts are original.

I will be getting better pics of it when I remember to take my camera into work :oops:

Indeed I do, lived there for a while as a kid before decending down the country :LOL: Most of the family still live around there...I remember the old fella well, we used to annoy the hell out of him by going into the place en masse and messing about with the bikes, shifters etc.

There used to be a few interesting shops around those parts, Offshore down Cleethorpes way for marins and konas, Ettridge cycles sold Diamond Back stuff, The ill fated Freddie Frith and Action Bikes owned by local legend, 'Fat' Pete. Doubt many remain these days but still, happy days :)

Can't wait to see better pics of the Pro Carbon btw :cool:

XCDave":14q893pi said:
Brilliant, thanks Nick.
I'd love to own a Butt...
If there's a picture/spec of a model called Zigzag when you get round to doing the scansb I'll be over the moon!
Hi mate is there a chance at getting a photo up of the spec of the lotus bike the green one on the last picture been after the catalog for ages lol if poss thanks mate :cry:

big burner":1wpnooyc said:
Sorry these are by camara i will sort the scanner out and do them and my other catalogues soon.

British eagle 92
IMG_1471.jpg

RECOIL
IMG_1472.jpg

BOSS XT
IMG_1473.jpg

BOSS XTR
IMG_1474.jpg

BUTT.
IMG_1475.jpg

Pro carbon
IMG_1476.jpg

British eagle 1993, Just a few i have done.
EXS.
IMG_1477.jpg

BOSS FLEX
IMG_1478.jpg

RAID
IMG_1481.jpg

Lotus Sport Models
IMG_1484.jpg

Nick :)
Hi mate is there a chance at getting a photo up of the spec of the lotus bike the green one on the last picture been after the catalog for ages lol if poss thanks mate

Ah the memories :)

Here it and I am in the '92 Boltby Bash :)

Attachments

• 17452_256209492821_721382821_3232286_5034266_n.jpg
    17452_256209492821_721382821_3232286_5034266_n.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 4,544
british eagle K4

Hi everyone, found this site looking for pics of my old bike, a british eagle K1, bought out of the grattans catalogue when i was 12, i loved that bike until some pikey had it out of my garage, but then upgraded to a kona cindercone, so not all bad. I was wondering if anyone had any pics ??

Thanks in advance

Oh my god!!.. This takes me back, forgot about these bikes, the Pro carbon and BE Boss!.. I used to sell them in the bike shop, we sold Claud Butler, Britsh Eagle, alpine stars and a few others I cant remember now.... The good old days!!

Latest posts

Back