2004 Litespeed Pisgah

Saltyman - Yeah, I thought my Kilauea rode nice as a single speed, but this is something else. I'm loving your Jones Spaceframe. I saw one for the first time at the "Bespoke" exhibition in New York where Jeff was exhibiting. The workmanship on those bikes is ludicrously good!

KiwiJohn - The tensioner is not ideal, but the Surly looks better than most. I seem to have picked a completely 'unmagic' gear combo which means there is a lot of slack to pick up. I haven't got a set of scales so I don't know the weight. It's built for robustness rather than to be über-light hence the stainless chainrings, EA50 bars & stem, etc. Still, it's not exactly a clunker :D

Nice :cool: :cool:

Did they itemise the work on the frame ? If they did could I be as cheeky as ask you to pm me the cost just to apply the brushed finish ? :oops:

I am interested in it for the Airborne - just looking at the options ;-) :D

Cheers,

WD :D

Glad you managed to get it sorted :) Looks really tidy :cool:

Hi Nick,
A very nice Pisgah. I have a 2002 Pisgah with SID XC 80mm fork. It was leaking two years ago so I replaced the seals and rebuilt it. It took me a few hours. It is working fine and no leaks thus far but it is not easy to find 80mm fork anymore. I can convert from V brake to Disk in the front. Thinking about buying a Surly 1x1 suspension corrected fork. How is your rigid fork working out for you?

Very nice. I bought a Lookout Mountain a while back which sadly didn't fit, been hankering after another since. Any chance of a wee peek at the fix to the seat tube/stay as I have a King Kahuna with a crack in roughly the same place? Cheers

very tidy indeed

the only thing i could suggest would be to get rid of the tensioner. otherwise it's lurverly

Thanks chaps, really should post on here a bit more. I've a 97 Kona Kilauea waiting to be re-built, which could be an interesting project.

MN_Runner - Rigid fork is great. I was previously riding around on my Kilauea with a Project 2, so not too much of a shock to the system. The Pace fork is surprisingly forgiving and together with the Ti frame the ride is pretty comfortable. Not sure I fully trust carbon fibre yet, but so far so good.

haggis - I'll try and get a decent photo of the repaired weld. I'm struggling with my too-clever-for-its-own-good autofocus camera (should never have sold the DSLR) as it seems to dislike titanium! Here's a photo of the cracked weld before the repair - not the easiest to spot:

dsc0731qp.jpg

The repair is very tidy. Never going to be as good as the original, but unless you know what to look for you're unlikely to spot it. Will try and get a picture.

BobCatMax - I know, I know :cry:. I would dearly love to get rid of it. With a bit of crimbo cash I may well go for a 1x9 setup instead.

Cheers,

Nik

Back