1996 Litespeed Tellico - Now 16 Ibs 10.7 Oz - Updated Page 4

Looks good, Still some areas to improve upon weight, I have had sub 18lb myself.

Latex inner tubes, Titec pork rinds, EC90 bars, saddle such as an SLR or San Marco Aspide, Tune hubs on Stan rims, Dura Ace cassette, pedals, chainset? maybe a Duo? :)

I ran it single speed with Hugi hubs, Avid Mags with ti hardware, Easton carbon post and bars, and Titec Phat ti stem, and Judy SL though my previous Dean ti had worked out as a lighter build due to Pace rigid RC31, I sure I had under 16lb single/rigid, just over 16 geared rigid and under 18 deared with sids back in my weenie days, still remember how the Supersonics sang on tarmac :)

stevec1975":383uiwyp said:
This bike is going to be raced in the Beastway series in a couple of weeks, will see how it (and my body) holds up to it, haven't raced for years!!
I would have joined you on my Obed, but I've just transferred back all the bits on my Yeti ASR - can't stand racing on a HT anymore despite what I thought!

See you there.

You can buy the Middleburn DUO inner chainring/spider and the outer ring separately then bolt them onto your existing cranks.

Also if you flip the stem you can remove some more steerer tube and still have the same bar height. You can also take off the topcap and tap out the star-nut once the stem clamp is tight.

Make sure your chain is a short as safely possible (and cables).

Try Eclipse 56g innertubes.

Aligator mini I-link cable housing or Tune plastic housing is lighter than most generic stuff.

Updated Build Pics (and Spec List)

Weight is now down to, drum roll please.... 17 Ibs 2.5 Oz, so dropping a further 73 Grams would make this in the 16 Ib range!

IMG_5995.jpg

bikeweights3.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

Have you saw the thumbie mod in the weight weenie section?

I have to be honest and say that this is the best example of a weight weenie bike that still looks totally ride able.

73g ..... got to be possible ;)

The thread appears to have vanished, but heres the pics

finmg5.jpg

letmetalktomark":1uuwnvwy said:
I have to be honest and say that this is the best example of a weight weenie bike that still looks totally ride able.

If I switch to the Ti Axled version of the same pedal, it would drop 74 grams, are you listening santa?

Kaiser:
I like the look of that, where do I find out more about that/how do I do it?

stevec1975":3mnlcnvs said:
letmetalktomark":3mnlcnvs said:

If I switch to the Ti Axled version of the same pedal, it would drop 74 grams, are you listening santa?

Kaiser:
I like the look of that, where do I find out more about that/how do I do it?

There was a thread on here in the now I take it defunct weight weenie section. This pic came from weight weenies website.

Back