keep tripping over em.... anutha trimble? ;)

Although I have just received an answered question - he's going to let the auction run and is expecting a minimum of 1200 US but expects it to go for more. He also has a trimble 29'er aswell hes's selling.

If our doubts are correct then I dont think I will be bidding at all. If we are wrong someoone may get a real bargain (but most probably I imagine the auction to be pulled within 12 hours if the amount isnt enough)

mmm.

jez-2-many-bikes":3roviwmz said:
Sounds a tad dodgy too. Shill bidding and all that.

Shill bidding it is NOT. Pete rightfully owns the bike—someone who doesn't own it is selling it.

We'll see what the authorities have to say about it. ;)

Im confused now.

So he doesn't own it and hes selling it? Or is he trying to get it back because someone has it and shouldnt? Or is it because the bike isnt actually real, but by bidding on it it may become a production version and then it could be owned by someone, who may actually end up selling it again on ebay?

haha

Jez, it's complicated, but as I understand it, Pete was working with Brent Trimble to re-start the brand, and something happened in the partnership to break up the project. Without getting into too many details, that bike should have never left Trimble's possession and it somehow did. The seller legally cannot sell something that belongs to someone else.

Pete is just trying to make sure it doesn't go anywhere while he works on getting the auction removed and the current owner tracked down.

I see. That makes sense of it all. Poor chap. I remember the issues they had reading on MTBR but thought that these may have been cleared up.

Dodgy stuff. Wish him best of luck in sorting it ;)

Back