Hope disc timeline

the way you have it is correct, you don't need a longer bolt or locknut, it will be fine - especially the way you ride downhill :)

Hi Guys, just thought i'd share these pics, Sorry i don't have any info on these to share as i know very little about them other than they originally came on Hope hubs which i don't have now. The Ken asked me to post some pics on this thread, so here goes.............
P6070440.jpg

P6070439.jpg

P6070438.jpg

i just had a set of these wheels/brakes delivered to me today :cool: i have the mk1 hubs/discs and what i think is the mk2 calipers :D

pic's to follow :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

pic's :D

there built with mavic 317 disc only rime and dt spokes
IMG_0368.jpg

front
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

rear
IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

calipers
IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374-1.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

there spot-on , no play/cracks/damage at all :shock: i have 2 spare discs too , 1 seems to be ceramic and weighs nothing :?

me too :D mine has'nt got hope wrote on the top like your's tho :? strange :?

i'd be up for a hope meet :D :D :D :LOL:

no "hope" text just means it is an earlier model eck - it is still cool.

I might borrow that silver mount at some point so Mikee can copy it for me.

Very nice guys,very nice.I particularly like those rotors :cool: .Were they available in 5 bolt spider :?

Well done Eck :D they look in good condition too

The Ken":3oro539i said:
no "hope" text just means it is an earlier model eck - it is still cool.

I might borrow that silver mount at some point so Mikee can copy it for me.

Was thinking along those lines meeself

Just the rear hub to source then. :D

Got this from Fairfax Pat :cool:
rs_1_hope_disc_brake_682.jpg

Yo Ken- here is a shot of the Hope brake on the first RS-1 bike which was built for Gary Fisher, then it was mine- I painted it black and added Mert's fork to compliment the rear suspension, also by Mert. It had a Mag 21 stock. Then lastly I sold it to a friend of mine in Fairfax, who still owns it. Last year I helped him get it running again and we posed it with GF holding it in that shot I posted in the recent thread, but we used that shot to publicize the first OWMTB Championship for Mr. K. I was working as a writer in the Bike Industry in '89-91 and helping Mert Lawwill develop his fork. I remember first meeting the guys from Hope at the Interbike show in Anaheim in '90. They got some of their first brakes and came up to Mert's place in Tiburon (a town in Marin) and we fitted one to the RS-1 prototype you see in the picture! Pat

Think an RS-1 might be a target for me.

The more I see first gen brakes the more I think I was "ripped off" by hope in 1991 - I appear to have a unique solid brake rotor (no Alu spider) though I don't mind too much now :)
I think it was down to me ordering a Red/Blue anodized combo which might have been a limited run based on earlier designs that were quickly improved. Things were fairly fluid back then.
Although the early spider design looks like it would still bolt to my hub the offset would cause a clash with my forks.

Back