MOTOR CHAT

mikee":10c8ymc8 said:
how old are you tam?
I'm 35, don't know if that's classed as old or not... :?

I've grown up surrounded by old bikes 'n cars. Been down a couple of times for the Pioneer run (London to Brighton for VERY old motorbikes) as a support driver for my dad (1913 two speed BSA) and uncle (1903 Ormond - precursor to the Velocette).

Owned a few questionably classic cars: MGb, Beetle, Scimitar etc. Sadly the missus refuses to drive anything without power steering or "smells a bit funny" so currently classic-less. :(

Tam regarding classics the oldest bike Ive got is a '64' Bonneville
but most of my bikes are early '80's to mid '90's.

I like the Bonny - my Dad had a T100 he sold years ago. :(

Do you stop half way through an afternoon run, whip out a spanner and tighten everything up again? :LOL:

irontam":1getoo4e said:
I like the Bonny - my Dad had a T100 he sold years ago. :(

Do you stop half way through an afternoon run, whip out a spanner and tighten everything up again? :LOL:

Is that me or the bike ;)

Tam, that cottons seriously nice :cool:

Other than big but slow bikes I tend to favour 2 strokes, one day I'll get a Bantam although a Francis Barnet or an Ariel Arrow would be cool provided they'd been restored to death :LOL: I admit I'm not mechanically adept, I just like old bikes, not fixing them :roll:

I've always fancied a little Bantam in trials trim. There's one up for grabs on fleabay at the moment that would do:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BSA-Super-Bantam- ... 27b50cda79

Not familiar with the Ariel Arrow. As a kid we had an Ariel 3 which never ran properly. We used to push it to the top of a hill and three of us clamber aboard and sail down the hill. That was until my brother fell off and took the skin off his back. :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just taken delivery of a '05 plate Nissan Primera.

Tomorrow I'm being fitted for a pair of slippers and a pipe...

wow
thats the 270 bhp four wheel drive monster
is it the r34 you got with the RB26DET in it ?
the "monster from Japan" as the aussies called it

wow again ,you must be really stoked with that

Back