MacRetro 2011

To go back to the ideas, if we agree on the 4 above furinstance and float some dates, the rest can be fitted around them. I'll (or anyone else) will try to collate the ad hoc ideas and discuss them a bit further. Solstice one sounds good and I fancy the wanlockheed one. Also GT should be on the or as near as the same date as the original macretro meet!

I would love to see you guys down in the Lakes for BDWIII. Dates are 22-24 July and the campsite is booked.
Friday evening will be a social bimble to the pub followed by a BBQ.
Saturday is a new version of the Tunnel Ride with a concours in the morning, bike jumble and BBQ in the evening.
Sunday is a half day around Grizedale or Whinlater.

Would be up for co-promoting the Drum Run too. Sounds good.

I am liking Dunkeld Deepfreeze but I still like Baltic Bawbags - although it might be a bit singletrack and put off more gentile newbies (no Gaz, not genital :) ).

The Solstice is the weekend of Mountain Mayhem - definately worth a visit but needs a fair bit of organising, and it really needs a long weekend. (I went down on Thursday night and came back on Sunday night but really should have taken Monday off too.

tbh TK I prefer bdw over mayhem and will prob only get one weekend pass down south this year but if folks want it then cool.

How about this as a wee list of folk to organise this first draft of days out

TK dunkeld, me and Kaiser can sort out the drum/arran runs and velo/eck can do the pentlands/tress stuff, maybee get steven fra orkney on board for the skye thing Mr P for the big country epic (no pressure) and jamie for laggan/wolftrax? Anyone else want to head up a run?

Thoughts?

MacretroDunkeldBanner-1.jpg

Also would it be worth changing the Clan banner for a week or 2 to draw people to the aftermath thread?

Methinks we should drop our big clan gathering banner now and go for the Baltic bawbags one ;)

Baltic Bawbags suits our weird venacular that the English find amusing and incomprehensible :LOL:

Finally has Gazz gone stir crazy or something, he just seems so enthusiastic with all his ideas, usually its a case of....whatever ! Keep up the positive vibes Gaz, who knows it might rub off on me :LOL:

summit like that velo, no riding has made me consider taking a more active role I will try and keep up the positive energy in macretro land and given what a good year we have had thus far, I want next year to be even better- mind you the wife wants me to take up fishing or something a tad more sedate so please tell me to slow down and be careful when I get back in the saddle, dont need to give her any more ammo :LOL:

clockworkgazz":3p7ti7la said:
summit like that velo, no riding has made me consider taking a more active role I will try and keep up the positive energy in macretro land and given what a good year we have had thus far, I want next year to be even better- mind you the wife wants me to take up fishing or something a tad more sedate so please tell me to slow down and be careful when I get back in the saddle, dont need to give her any more ammo :LOL:

Fishin Gazz Ive seen yer tackle forget it :LOL:

Back