MacRetro 2011

Dunkers Firstfooterer

Frozen Firstfooter

Frozen toes classic

The Brassbawzer

Dunkeld is a must and date is great, loved the pub lunch after too- get it booked in.

I would defo be up repeating the west highland bothy trip, same one would be alright in my book as it has all the elements of a epic and if we take a few tents we could boast the numbers. I'm sure most folk would go again and a good few would want to come this time. Same time (summer) as we get lots of light and hopefully good weather?

Drum retro-only is perfect to as is an east coast pentlands retro-only, it is a route I've never done and sure we could get a few southerners to come up for both. One early spring say drum as it is sheltered and pentlands late summer?

Glentress is a def too 4th ano and all that.

Arran would be one I would pencil in as the mt bike club were invaluable maybe a late spring meet

and a road ride is one I would fancy.

Laggan and wolftrax are also a one dayer option maybe in autumn?

and BDW would be my choice too.

Get your suggestions in for rides soon so that TK and kaiser can put forward dates for (say) 6 events thru the year now. We all work to committing to these and get numbers for each proposal, get it booked in the national calender and we can divvy up the responsibility of pushing each one to a local retro biker/s?

Of course we can have the usual organic meets thru the year but have these penciled in straight away?

TK its your baby so I reckon you should christen it :D

clockworkgazz":1hj1yolt said:
Dunkeld is a must and date is great, loved the pub lunch after too- get it booked in.

I would defo be up repeating the west highland bothy trip, same one would be alright in my book as it has all the elements of a epic and if we take a few tents we could boast the numbers. I'm sure most folk would go again and a good few would want to come this time. Same time (summer) as we get lots of light and hopefully good weather?

Drum retro-only is perfect to as is an east coast pentlands retro-only, it is a route I've never done and sure we could get a few southerners to come up for both. One early spring say drum as it is sheltered and pentlands late summer?

Glentress is a def too 4th ano and all that.

Arran would be one I would pencil in as the mt bike club were invaluable maybe a late spring meet

and a road ride is one I would fancy.

Laggan and wolftrax are also a one dayer option maybe in autumn?

and BDW would be my choice too.

Get your suggestions in for rides soon so that TK and kaiser can put forward dates for (say) 6 events thru the year now. We all work to committing to these and get numbers for each proposal, get it booked in the national calender and we can divvy up the responsibility of pushing each one to a local retro biker/s?

Of course we can have the usual organic meets thru the year but have these penciled in straight away?

Gazz, I reckon there will only be a couple of things we'll need to avoid clashing with, as long as the summer GT meet disnae clash with the BDW and the epic avoids it too we should be cool! The rest we can do as we like. There should be less national events this year so clashes should be easy to avoid.

cool, any more routes/days that people are keen to try out?

We could give it a week and then do a poll to see the favorites? get a list and delegate things PDQ.

love the banner TK and agree you get the funky name.

the dunkeld deepfreeze one is a keeper could be our equivelent of the
elephant rally

and i want to do the big country bothy/bivvy one

the pentlands , as long as we can do a bit of the more exciting trails
ala lomonds ,i'm in

i think the glentress mid summer one would be a goodie ,specially if we can
do it on summer solstice 21 st june a tuesday i know but dont ask you dont get ,or we can do an evening lomonds solstice ride if anyone else is up for it

and when's the AGM pissup ?

we are looking at a xmas night out again mikee, any suggestions location wise (not in fife as I have yet to update my organ doner status ;) )

TK mentioned he was happy with Glasgow and I suggested a more afternoon time and lunch/dinner rather than booze focussed though booze consumption will probably be on the agenda!

Back