MacRetro 2011

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I've a few ideas for some jollies next year and wanted to bounce them off the MacRetro to see what they think.

First off would be TK's winter wonderland at Dunkeld, had a great time this year and last and always a good winter warmer.

MrP has loads of ideas for another epic adventure in the wilds and is going to pore over the maps to come up with something interesting. We could probably put this one out as a national event, try to attract some sassenachs to the big country.

I'm wanting to push Glentress back to our June slot, next year will be our 4th and I reckon the longest running area group meet. October was a wee bit cold but in saying that I'm amazed the turnout we got considering.

I was also thinking of a meet down at Drumlanrig, working title MacRetrofest or MacRetropalooza. This could be a retro only. Bring your best bike and show it off, we could have a vote for area champion etc. Nice easy loop of the Drum and a look round the bike museum.

Apart from that we could maybe organise at least one sortie down south en masse. Might take a wee bit of coordination but it would be good to take a few scalps :twisted: I believe the BDW is a joint effort between the northeners so we could kick two asses at the same time.

And apart from that we just keep doing what we do best and organise things ad hoc and whatever takes our fancy.

Sooooo any thoughts? Any ideas? Anything look really crap outta that lot?

Proposed Date for Dunkeld Sunday 30th of January, any objections? Can be the week before if needed but that puts it before payday. I don't think this should be advertised as a national though, as it is a short day for the distance travellers.

I think BDW is the ambleside tunnel run so I think that is a must.

Skye epic was suggested before but I'll go with anything Iona's Teddy Bear wants to come up with.

Drumlanrig would make a good national especially with its accessibility from south of the border.

All sounds good to me.

Due to recent movie on TV, what about 'No Country Estate for Old Men' as a meet title for the Drum :LOL:

Also we must keep Dunkeld in the calendar as last weekend in January as it sticks in the mind. Engraved in solid ice so to speak :D

Possibly be good if we could come up with a XC epic in the Southern Uplands as that might attract more southerners due to geographical proximity to them ;)

Good stuff, I still have the Wanlockheed ride in mind, bit of an epic one dayer!

Any adjustments before I link it in?
MacretroDunkeldBanner.jpg

Brrrrrr, lovely TK. I can feel the frostbite already.

All sounds good to me, the more Big Country the better.

Nice one TK :D what about a witty name though? What about some sparkles on that font too.

I went with dunkeld classic but it does sound like a golfing tournament - any suggestions?

Icy Ordie Orbs?

Brass Monkey of Hope - (we could get the statue sent up?)

Back