MacRetro Big Clan Gathering - Sat 23rd Oct - Aftermath

Thanks for everybody involved in arranging the outing. It was a great day out, and nice to meet you guys.
I would have loved to stay for the BBQ but I just couldn't keep up the macho image - I had to get to the car to break down and cry. Ouch - downhill with a rigid frame & fork...
I need to try out these newfangled bouncy forks next time. Don't know of my wrists and back would be able to take another battering like that!

Loads of respect for that Orange frame (yep - it's the champagne and blue one) after it's first proper outing.

I'm looking forward to the next one!

Bertie

mikee":1zy1mqxw said:
hope you have a letter from your mum excusing you tam
No problem there, had done all my chores and had a pass for the day.

No bike :( The GT Safety Bicycle wasn't ready in time. :cry:

If anyone is needing a MacRetro rider tag could they please pm me :D

Ha - forgot aboot this :LOL:

Unfortunately no pics.

1 - don't generally go for trail centres
2 - busy at work so not really up for the weekend ride
3 - arrived in Peebles Sat am bursting for a crap and pee, hungry, uncertain of location, and without cash or food for the weekend camping exploits (yep - that well prepared this time)
4 - found sainsburys and public conveniences :D
5 - sighs of relief
6 - self and boy found cash machine and stocked up on junk food
7 - arrived Glentress, cold, still hungry and not really wanting to get on a bike :LOL:
8 - tent erection
9 - hellos and get ready for the off, steady climbs and long sweet red route downhill. Boy enjoyed it immensley, so did I :roll:
10 - some food and back to camp - got cold
11 - went for another spin with the guys to Freeride Park
12 - back to tents - got colder
13 - Lit fire with Paraffin assistance :twisted:
14 - waited for Leeds chaps to return, which they did in freezing conditions with TWO CASES of beer. each.
15 - me and Kaiser speed off to shops for wood, fuel, food, and more beer (also wanted a couple of instant barbecues but Sainsburys had recently rotated stock and the aisle was now full of de-icer, windscreen scrapers, hot water bottles and ear muffs - TSK.)
16 - back - fire now thouroughly lit, burgers and sauasages, beer, rolls, beer rolls and excellent fried onions. Ice on tents. Stars out and Jupiter (Gazz?) bared its 4 moons. Berluddy freezin' Hot Fire - Minis Ken and Panda at full bore.
17 - bed early at 10/11 ish as its COLD
18 - woken at 2:30 by sound of TK's car starting up, warming up and driving up the drive :? Looked out to double check it wasn't mine. It wasn't. Went back too sleep.
19 - woke up. Berluddy freezin'. TK back, having taken projectile vomiting child to grandparents house. Tea. More Tea. Breakfast. Still cold.
20 - ride up to trail park with boy and Kaiser. Fart around. Boy falls off, taking a header into wall. breaks sister's helmet.
21 - following Kaiser down silly duckboard ramp efforts, I fall off and hear that crunching sound in R shoulder :shock: sore
22 - curse trail centres
23 - curse trail centres again
24 - We ride down and all live happily ever after :D
25 - over a week later and I have just popped 2x Diclofenac painkillers for the shooder, which ain't broke, but throbs.
26 - curse trail centres again and look at full suss bike half prepped in corner of kitchen :twisted:

As I say - no pics. However a question - has anyone here (apart from Kaiser) found it necessary to fumble about with ladies' underwear when retrieving their shoes from a hostel/campsite drying room? No? Thought not :D

So Kirro or Inners this weekend then :twisted:

Back