Log your rides

glentress saturday ,top company so i had a good time

sunday half an hour with the dogs round my forest

this morning an hour round the town park with the daughter's dog

cracking but cold day so i might venture out this afternoon

Cycled 3 times round Richmond Park via Thames foot path at Kew gds.
A person in a cycle shop thought my Trimble was an S bike :evil: Looks nothing like an S :LOL:

Epping forest on the Yo eddy. A solid hour of muddy single track and fire roads lovely :) just over 12 miles all in. Only marred by Finish lines extreme chain lube not doing what it said on the bottle.

2c3c9f07.jpg

A good hour round Swinley Forest, Bracknell with three other RB members, had my best over the handlebars 'off' in years, got seperated from the others on a twisting technical downhill section, and got totally lost on my way back to the entrance.

All in have no real idea what my mileage was, probably around 12-15 miles, got totally soaked and caked in mud. Loved it. (apart from all of us suffering various technical issues with all the sandy mud).

Just done about 15 miles on the proflex to collect my car after a house party last night. He lives just off the a15. A long, arrow straight roman road so i decided to mix things up. Plan was to ride the river bank then take a footpath across the fields then take the scenic twisty back roads to his house.

River bank was pleasant enough. Got to the bridge to head across the fields and they've been ploughed. Really didn't fancy mud plugging so continued along the river.

Saw a lonely goose flying low and making loads of noise. Made myself sad thinking it's lost it's mates and the aero advantage of formation flying so it's probably not going to survive. Made myself feel better thinking that it's a non conformist bird doing his own thing and will live fast and die young.

Made it to the twisty road. And it was closed. Diversion was following the a15. That's not a good place to be on a bike so i took my chances on the closed road. Pleased i did as it was clear.

Got to my mate's house and all evidence of the previous night's antics have gone. Spot of lunch, walked his dog then drove home.

Good way to deal with a sore head.

Nice quick 11 miles today 100% offroad up to Bignor via whiteways and back thro Slindon. Some mud but not to bad, one or two fallen trees to climb over must have been windy at some time over the weekend.

Epping again and frankly i should not have bothered :(

A 1/2 mile section of bridleway churned to thick treackly mud that clogged the chainstays, forks and chain/mech 3 times.
Then this huuuge
d3c3c28c.jpg

(1" x 2 1/2") stump

attacked my front wheel and threw me off bruising my pride and left shoulder crisping my rear wheel a bit (strange as my front hit it hard! not the rear) blowing a fork seal and trashing my brake levers and thumbies.

3 easy laps of Richmond Park. Ground mostly to soft for Rocket Rons.

Went for a scoot round carron valley with ZZ, Velo and Rado today, Came a cropper of a wee drop off and starting to stiffen up now :eek: Still nice day out!

Enjoyed a bit of cross contamination of area groups by meeting up with chrisv40 and ben fluffychicken for what was promised to be a steady ride.

Being a tight git i parked on the south bank of the humber and cycled over the bridge.
We once again put the world to rights, bored ben with car stories, said hello to the modern riders and even managed to get 20 miles in.

Roll on sunday for the lincoln ride

Back