Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Konaglider - I'm intrigued it looks every bit a Saracen, so why is it branded 'Evans' - must be one of the best preserved Conquests around - very envious!

longun":5n931pox said:
has gil made any decals for a saracen yet?

I emailed Gil a few weeks ago as I have the very same frame all be with a slightly less cool paint job.

He has all the decals ready to go.

I know he is on holiday at the moment but if you want to PM me your email address I can forward on the one he sent to me :D

johncocker":15rd3wo6 said:
Konaglider - I'm intrigued it looks every bit a Saracen, so why is it branded 'Evans' - must be one of the best preserved Conquests around - very envious!

Evans were the pre Saracen name, theres some history a few pages back explaining the link.

Konagliders' bike is basically about the most important bike on here if you are a fan of early Saracen.

''Early 1984 F.W. Evans ATB/Saracen ATB? (Manufactured by Bluemels).
In 1982/3, Richard Ballantine asked London bike shop F.W. Evans Cycles to build up two Ritchey frames he had brought from the U.S. for Tim Gartside's and Peter Murphy's ,February 1983, Saharan expedition. Evans were curios and persuaded Bluemels to build some bikes based on what they had seen. The resulting FW Evans ATBs were mostly silver and branded under the shops own marque. The Bluemels’ own Saracens bikes were identical, apart from being painted black. ''

thanks legrandefromage - what a wonderful bike (Konagliders) - I've always loved my Saracen but didn't realise the Conquest had an earlier history - do you know when was the Conquest first released?

dendy":2oky0rt2 said:
Thanks to Neill for this:

kili96.jpg

Are there any other images available from this catalogue? Specifically the TuffTrax???? please?

Latest posts

Back