1999 Specialized FSR Elite *not rebuilding it.... honest...*

Should i get the frame Powdercoated Black?

• Yes, do it black and fill it with nice gold hope bits

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, keep it as it

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
i tried the wheels on it today
wheelson.jpg

:shock: :shock: blimey! thats soo nice! :shock:

not sure what tyre choice choice you go for but maybe you should consider the black/grey twin rails

looking forward to seeing this complete! im due my 98 FSR ground control frame this week. getting some inspiration from your work :)
where do you plan on getting the custom fsr decals from? i want to get hold of some but don't have any contacts for that kind of work...
speaking of rear disc mounts, i almost bought a 98/99 FSR (comp i think) about a year ago but couldnt afford the 300 asking price. it had the rear disc mount too!!! DOH!!

best place for decals would be a man who goes by the name gil_m on here.
his work is top notch, the decals i got for my prestige were in my oppinion better than the originals.

drop him a PM, but be aware he is a very busy man so it may take him a day or two to get back to you but he will get back to you eventually.

worth the wait though.

I could also be interested in some decals for a 99 Elite.
I'm also building one of these at the moment.

i'll get a design going and make some enquiries :)
although i'm tempted to leave mine 'as is' now with just the 'S', liking the understated aproach

There's a thread on MTBR - http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=570489 - the guy there has some FSR decals done - the ones on Page2 of the thread are the better ones. Might be worth asking if he can spare the graphics?

And on the subject of FSRs and A2Z disk converters - when I first got my 98 FSR, it had an A2Z attached to it - and a broken seatstay as well - snapped at the dropout.

is there anywhere i can find out the font type and the sticker cutter guides? i could do the sticker design myself....

Right then...
I think it's time for a Brake!!!
today my Specialized shark fin adapter arrived, and the front post mount brake too,
i am going to use my existing M4 on the rear with a 180mm rotor
and the front takes a 165, i'll use it with the 165 and see how it goes, but i might get the +20 adapter mount

timeforabrake017.jpg

timeforabrake010.jpg

timeforabrake002.jpg

Back