2009 Jeff Jones 3D Spaceframe Ti

JamesMatlock":13cuhnca said:
How many Spaceframe owners are on here?

just 2 i know of, myself and Mbkot's????

there could of been a couple more but Jeff's waiting list is a killer.

there will be more once the stell frames become available, but the Merlin built frames (75 built) and the Jeff's own built bikes are prety hard to come by now and always were to be honest.

yo-eddy":o345nn32 said:
still think a Rohloff should be part of the concept ;)
really love these bikes,
cheers Roy

Here you go Roy
http://jonesbikes.com/blog/?attachment_id=762
It is done, but as I heard, Rohloff is heavy and slow (this according to some builds + users, I myself never used 1). I initially was toying with that idea myself, but was also recommended Alfine (I think it was Paduano's recommendation). At the end I went as I did. This bike, because of its concept+construction is made to work as a "full suspension" rigid frame. So Salty next time some1 tell you that they would not do this on their rigid bike, doing it on the Spaceframe is not the same shit (especially with the fat front)

As for experimentation, I will be planning a full fat Ti bike, I dont know which builder I will go with, Steve Potts looks very interesting, I also got in touch with Drew Guldalian of Engin, but Ti is not his choice of material. On that fat bike I will try to incorporate the Hammerschmidt.

JamesMatlock":2hoan617 said:
This months Ride Guide in MBR tells a tale of coming across two guys riding Spaceframes on the north downs way. Either of you guys?
what does the article say?

i'd just like to say

I HAVE RIDDEN THIS BIKE

and now i want one

stunning stunning bike

Agree extremely jealous, but happy to say I've rode one now! :D :D

Back