2004 Titus Racer X Ready For The Summer Happy Days

racer x

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here is my best current bike my dream bike 2004 Titus Racer x and bike for life im starting to build again after being left as a frame only for 6 years of not riding this bike ;)
So here it goes the start of the Racer x :D

Parts at this stage

2003-2004 Titus Racer x 18" inch custom sized special order
S2 silver Headset
2006 Rockshox sid world cups
Shimano XTR V-Brakes F/Rear

Hoping for the total weight of this bike to be 20lbs pounds with 1.95 tires :D

Total weight 21.8 Pounds

Yep thought i would put mine on have been on retrobikes for about a year or so now and never looked in readers bikes 98 until 3 weeks ago and noticed there was no titus bikes

Also the bike is built now but thought i would put in though the build stage on here- also im so happy with this bike and wished i had never stripped the bike down and put it away.

Sorry if any photo are out of focus as im trying to get the pics bigger on here but hope you like this bike build :D

I'll have to get some pics of my switchblade sometime, now built up after I got the frame recoated:
TSwB01.jpg
TSwB02.jpg

Very nice long live TITUS :LOL: :cool:
Ive got these new shimano XTR M960 cranks to put on the racer x
had some of these M960 cranks on the bike before and the chainrings didnt last long so sold them and got these new cranks - managed to find a shimano 2010 XT middle chainring made from carbon and stainless steel. This set of cranks should last this time but took some modding to fit that chainring.
And also removed the small chainring as its not needed round my end woods :cool:

Heres a couple of update pics of the cranks and some components Stage 2 of build :D

Full original WCS black and silver stem bars and 31.6 seatpost with custom Ritchey anodised turquoise blue clamps and full titanium bolts
Ergon carbon GP-1 lock on grips with added titanium bolts
Shorty carbon barends custom recut for my hands :D
Selle italia 135g SLR titanium saddle
Ceramic Token BB cups anodised black
Shimano XTR M960 Shifters
Shimano M520 silver spd pedals cheep but very very good pedals changed now to the 2010 white colour :cool:
KMC 10 Speed road bike hollow link & pin chain find these chains work very well with 9 speed set ups more so in the winter with wet mud :cool:

Re: 2004 Titus Racer X Build in progress

More pics added of my new built wheels for the bike stage 3

Early new Pulstar hubs with matching colour to the XTR M960 Groupset also built on new very narrow campagnolo rims with polished finish black mavic spokes silver & blue nipples
Shimano XTR M970 2009 titanium 9 speed 11/32 cassette with blue Token 11T locking ring
Controltech 90s titanium Allenkey silver and black skewers
Kenda speed block 8 DTC 1.95 rear tyre & Kenda nevagal 1.95 DTC front
Ritchey blue Nos 85gram latex inner tubes from 1994 F/R

Hurry up!!

hehe, just kidding, really looking forward to seeing pics of it complete, looks great so far

Har Ha not long now matey :D Dont know what i was doing putting this bike away ;)
Just been changing all the bolts i could find for titanium this weekend after work :cool:

Also added picks of the wheel hubs and rims :cool:

titus

This is gonna be nice!

20 pounds is pretty leight, hope you can make this.
My L sized Racer X is 11.05 kilo, around 22.5 pounds?
I have all XO/XTR around with Tune wheels.
Maybe the stem and seatpost (both Thompson) could be lighter and my saddle is gel flite (290 grams) so I can win more than 100 grams there.
But a kilo lighter? hmmm....

Good luck and please post the next stage here!

Back