And today I did......

I'm still at work for what feels like forever. I'll need to get home and chuck a pile of stuff in the car no doubt forgetting summat :roll: Gazz is it

Frame for eck
Bars for Si
Bars and stem for Enid
Forks for ? (i've still not got them off the bike)

And I need to bring a stem for Rado and cranks for Jamie.

Anything else for anyone?

Well, the leisurely winter project to build the fast tourer round my nice 725 Kevin Winter frame has gathered so much momentum that it can't be stopped now.

Plan A, share all the controls, drivetrain and wheels with my Ribble road bike, has been overtaken by purchasing. At best it'll be a wheelshare.

The road Maguras are going on, so I need separate shifters. 9-speed Campag ones (to match the wheels) are hard to find, but I've obtained a set of Record bar-end shifters. Rear mech is a NOS Campag Xenon from Portugal, low end but reasonably light and utterly reliable, as I have one on the Ribble.

Up front I have bought a NOS Sora triple mech, super shiny, and this will be paired with a brand new Stronglight 50/40/30 chainset, £32 from CRC, reduced from £89.

Bars and stem still required, and some paint work needing redone on the seatstays next to the rear dropouts- I may strip everything in the dropout region and paint it white, to match the 'Winter' text on the red frame.

Anyone know how to bleed Maguras?

Back