BOTM for October 2007

ameybrook":2wxaxdys said:
Jeff @ FF - I love all your stuff. I proper vacation for me would be to statesville!

Some humble criticism - the saddles on all your bikes could go up a couple inches. Just my $.02 :)

Any time your in the neighborhood, stop in!! We get travelers from all over stopping in to check it out.

I guess I am stuck with the "old school" aesthetic where the posts are about a fistful out of the frame. I don't like the old bikes with 10" of post sticking out.......doesn't look authentic. The newer bikes were sized to have a lot more post showing so that might be more "Correct" on those?

And occasionally, the post are heavily marked up on the lower half and look like hell.

Wow, cracking month guys..that GT is awesome, will wait though to see if anyone else throws their into the melting pot...

Hmmm, jelly bean... :cool:

Rich

The Ritchey is stunning. Craftsmanship looks top notch.

Another super strong month !

My LeMond Team Z

This is my LeMond Team Z.

It's 1 of only 10 made. It was built by Santana with Columbus MAX OR tubes (only them and Serotta used this tubeset in welded form, according to the pres of Santana).

I have it decked out with a bunch of Shimano M-900, Cook Bros crankset and Phil Wood BB (2x9), Avid Ultimate brakeset, Ti bars (bontrager), post (am classic) and stem (ITM).

Sorry about the seat pouch, but this bike gets used frequently (on road and off).

Attachments

• LeMond MTB - smaller.JPG
    LeMond MTB - smaller.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,814
  • LeMond MTB - smaller.JPG
    LeMond MTB - smaller.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,814
  • LeMond MTB Team Z.jpg
    LeMond MTB Team Z.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,814
Sorry

I obviously don't know how to post pics. Sorry.

The first picture is how it came to me. The 2nd is what it's like right now. The 3rd picture is me being stupid and posting the 2nd one twice.

Cool, never seen a Team Z MTB before. That head tube / fork rake setup looks like it's a pretty nervous-riding bike!

I like quick handling bikes, personally. The wheel starts to shimmy when you go over 30mph with your hands off the bars. As long as you're holding the bars, it's great though!

LeMond won 2 mountain bike races in his career. Both on this bike, albeit in a previous year's paint job.

Here's a pic of him doing the LeMond Super Challenge, if you remember that.

Also, FYI... when Bob Roll raced for "Z" it was on a ti blue/grey frame.

Attachments

• LeMond on MTB.jpg
    LeMond on MTB.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,570
Team Z had a MTB team in france in the early 90s .

Their bikes were unbranded , they looked like Reflex . they had a wishbone , and 3 carbon main tubes .

Re: My LeMond Team Z

wickedwheels said:
This is my LeMond Team Z.

It's 1 of only 10 made. It was built by Santana with Columbus MAX OR tubes (only them and Serotta used this tubeset in welded form, according to the pres of Santana).

I have it decked out with a bunch of Shimano M-900, Cook Bros crankset and Phil Wood BB (2x9), Avid Ultimate brakeset, Ti bars (bontrager), post (am classic) and stem (ITM).

Sorry about the seat pouch, but this bike gets used frequently (on road and off).

In Italy loads of companies used welded Max OR tubing: see: Bianchi, Cinelli, Tommasini....

Back