2002 Specialized Enduro Expert FSR

Well, after LOTS of problems with Parcel Force, the frame has finally landed! Thankfully it was well packaged, so it's arrived safely.

The kids are in bed so the bike is now 90% built! Got the gear cables to connect up and set the gears up and the headset to tweak and then it's done

Pictures to follow :D

Here it is, with all the parts swopped over from the Mantra:

23102010394.jpg

Need to sort the stem and headset spacers out, but apart from that it should be ok for tomorrow's ride out :)

ooh she pretty.

dont normally like generalized but this is one i would allow in the cave.

that and the epics...

Agree there Nic, quite like the look of the Specialized 143 seats. Will have to save up!

Haven't taken it anywhere yet apart from around the block. Hopefully will get out on it tomorrow :)

24102010395.jpg

24102010396.jpg

Gave the bike a quick ride round Whinlatter today. Bike rides ok, but the headangle is too slack and makes the handling rubbish.

The bloke I bought it off did mention that the shock needed serviced, which I planned to do at some point. But the shock isn't extending to it's full travel so I'm short by a bit of stroke in the shock. This means the bike is sagged too much at the back, giving the dodgy head angle. Shock is off the bike now and will be on it's way to TFT during the week.

Bit gutted, but hey! :roll:

Thanks, but I think I'll get this one serviced. Then I know it'll be ok and won't need anything done for a while. Thanks though.

Well, got a call from TFT today. Shock air can and shaft are knackered. Someone had run a seatpost too low on it which has dented the air can. This meant air was swopping between positive and negative chambers and shortening the length of the shock. Shaft was damaged from lack of servicing over the last 8 years. It's going to cost more than I paid for the frame to repair the shock (and service), and nearly as much as a new Fox Float R.

Sent the bloke on eBay a message to see if I can get some money refunded, as he'd only mentioned that the lock-out didn't work. Not that the shock was fcuked. Will see what happens. It'd be a shame to return the frame if it comes to it, but will have to wait and see.

No bike to ride this weekend now :cry:

Back