Halfords

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Great news...Halfords have made a pre-tax profit so far this year of 81 million......thats one hell of a lot of shite mountain bikes out there :LOL:

I beg to differ... they can't possibly make profit on their bikes. Must be the fluffy dice that did it. :shock:

Halfords sell Kona, Voodoo and GT, all of which are pretty decent bikes by todays standards.

I think you'll find that their profit was largely boosted by the recent change in the law requiring all kids to have car seats though.

Harryburgundy":1761r03e said:
I think they pay poor countries about £5 for the bikes they sell :shock:
Don't where the fluffy dice come from :LOL:

I bet from China :)

Russell":3fgwmhem said:
Halfords sell Kona, Voodoo and GT, all of which are pretty decent bikes by todays standards.

I think you'll find that their profit was largely boosted by the recent change in the law requiring all kids to have car seats though.

Ok point taken.. but they do also sell shite bikes on a grand scale. Which branch of Halfords do you work at incedently :LOL:

a halfords apollo or w.h.y is easily better than a piece of toys-r-us tat. at very least, it's assembled by someone who's had at least some training in how to put a bike together.

for 129.99 i dont think you can do much better than this, for someone who really doesnt care about what they ride

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... ategoryId_

Moonkatuk":yvfomp5g said:
taken.. but they do also sell shite bikes on a grand scale. Which branch of Halfords do you work at incedently :LOL:

So they get their product mix right to appeal to first time or low end users as well as people with a bit more money. Sounds like good marketing to me which is probably one of the reasons thay have started to make proper money again.

Ok time to 'fes up. I did work in Halfords. We carried a good range of bikes then too but rarely sold many as the people buying decent bikes were going to the LBS. Just because you have the product on display it doesn't always mean you know what you are selling. It is good marketing to some degree, we say 'look they have some Kona's and Voodoo's!' But other than the odd can of GT85 are you going to buy your next set of wheels from there? Go in and ask the asistant for some help and unless they are in one of the independant Bikehut shops you will not get much quality info.

I'm just saying is all :oops:

i went for an interveiw at halfords, they never got back to me....
i think the reason for that was cause they asked me if i would buy anything from them and i said probably not, just being honest :roll:

Back