Baroness Thatcher admitted to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
KeepItSteel":3c2wg54f said:
suburbanreuben":3c2wg54f said:
Could it be that in the "most deprived town in the East" there is no work for these scroungers anyway? No work, no prospects, no hope; i think I'd be pissed at 8.30 am in that situation.

Thats the beauty of our free society, you have freedom to get up on your own two feet and achieve.
Even starting from the very bottom rung of a long ladder, there is always opportunity if you just try hard enough.
IMO the people you are defending give up too easily. and I really hope you wouldnt turn to alcohol for breakfast.

And as for clinical illness/depression being the route cause, you wont find many 'depressed' people in african slums. but you will find alot of people who will do almost anything to make a meagre living and get by in life.
It is the state that has created a class of quitters in the UK.
Depression is far too easily diagnosed and used as an excuse.

Man Up!

I do hope given all you have said that when shit hits your fan you also will 'man up' where so many man up men have failed, depression is a killer disease no one is immune from.

Many of whom I know who suffer the killer disease are ex services having fought and killed for a country they once believed in, but whence out of the service they are shit on someones shoe, for no one wants to know them and the so called caring country in reality does not care as long as someone else is doing the dirty work.

Stress and depression while very different will affect us all at some time,the difference is some of us have the strength of character to drag ourselves out of the rut,while others leap on whatever they can get and give up.

My grandfather said,and I qoute "Depression,stress,we didnt have time for that rubbish in my day" you know why?? because there was nothing to be gained by suffering from it :!:

I am not saying it does not exist just that people will jump on the band wagon as it easy to do so :roll:

The next thing to be "diagnosed" is "post traumatic holiday disorder" when you are depressed because you have to go back to reality :x

How long before you can live of the state for that one I wonder :roll:

:shock: I just hope the various people who comment on this never have to suffer mental illness,

I't is not something to be be-littled or made light of, cannot just be turned on and of at a flick of a switch.

:? Bit disappointed really, genuine illness and people not working because they chose to, is too seperate things and yes there were people in WW2 who suffered, who were shot, who would never be today.

:roll:

passiflora":3pnb8r07 said:
:shock: I just hope the various people who comment on this never have to suffer mental illness,

I't is not something to be be-littled or made light of, cannot just be turned on and of at a flick of a switch.

:? Bit disappointed really, genuine illness and people not working because they chose to, is too seperate things and yes there were people in WW2 who suffered, who were shot, who would never be today.

I am not saying it does not exist,as I said above ;)

My wife had a nervous breakdown and I have had to look after her for 4 years because of it,and the state will not help us at all :x

I am just saying that alot of people will suffer from such things because it is easy to survive by doing so,I was depressed once at the thought of geting out of bed at 03:00 to catch the tide for a fishing trip,but it was our livelihood :cry:
You know how I was cured........a bucket of cold water thrown on me by my grandfather thats how :LOL: :LOL:

passiflora":zcs8tqgj said:

Agree 100% mate. Strange that the people making these comments are also the ones supporting Thatcher.... What does that tell me? :?

As has been said before, I hope none of you ever find yourself fighting mental illness or end up loosing everything and dropping to the bottom of the tree.

I'm out.

KeepItSteel. And as for clinical illness/depression being the route cause said:
I think the BBC's coverage of the world cup proved that without doubt. Not an alcy or glue sniffer in sight, even when Alan Shearer bravely went to Soweto... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back